• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC 1 invincibles

krkode

State Captain
I was just thinking back to the days when I used to play ICC1 and was wondering if this ever happened to anyone before...

I was playing as Warwickshire, and must've been at around 2008 or something (the game started in 1997) so my team was mostly new faces by this time. I got a new wicketkeeper from the youth team as my current one was quite old and ended up giving him a few games.

Lo and behold, he makes a huge century on debut. Next game, again. And again.

It must've been some kind of bug, but this guy never got out - the only way he was ever dismissed was if he was run out. In as such he ended up with a ridiculous number of centuries and an ungodly average. It was quite awesome playing with him. This ever happen to anyone else?

pskov

International 12th Man
That was a known bug in the first ICC. It was quite rare but not uncommon that some regens would just be literally impossible to get out.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I've heard of a few other instances of players that were impossible to dismiss in early versions of the game. I never had a copy of ICC 1 so its never happened to me though.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I had a few of them. For me they tended to be Sri Lankan wicketkeepers IIRC.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Had a couple of Poms do it for me, was awesome. About the only way I could stop Ramnarine and Nagamootoo from running through my England team.

bryce

International Regular
Yeah I had a few of them. For me they tended to be Sri Lankan wicketkeepers IIRC.
Yeah I thought they were always Sri Lankan wk's off the overseas screen(on icc2 anyway), there could even be like up to three at a time to choose from. Would have made online games very interesting if most people had one of them haha..