• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My new Bradman...

krkode

State Captain
Just thought I'd share this... :happy:

It's ICC 2002 so Pieterson was just about starting his FC career and hadn't yet made his England debut...

I hadn't played ICC for about 2 years before today, just felt like owning some face. So to be entirely fair, it's not a 100% honest performance... although I still thought it was pretty cool. :)

Attachments

bryce

International Regular
So to be entirely fair, it's not a 100% honest performance...
Hmmmm:unsure:

Unsure as to what the future holds for this thread but truth be told Pietersen couldn't come near matching Bradman for run scoring in any of the ICC's(unless of course you cheat). You only really have to endure 2-3 tough seasons before you can have a quality squad so i've never really seen the point in restarting innings whilst ignoring dismissals - the records you achieve definitely are not anything to be proud of.
If you want to thrash teams play as Australia or India I reckon:p
Here is my favourite ever player from ICC2002(from my old online team) where every game played with him was with 100% honesty - the only dishonesty involved was replaying the youth contracts screen over an over until he popped up, though that was in the days where the online league was extremely competitive...

Attachments

inbox24

International Debutant
That Mark Tong guy is insane! How did you get him to that stage? Was he a 17 year old with a good record, and then you picked him and put him on technique until 25 and then batting/bowling practice after? Please do tell!

krkode

State Captain
Hmmmm:unsure:

Unsure as to what the future holds for this thread but truth be told Pietersen couldn't come near matching Bradman for run scoring in any of the ICC's(unless of course you cheat). You only really have to endure 2-3 tough seasons before you can have a quality squad so i've never really seen the point in restarting innings whilst ignoring dismissals - the records you achieve definitely are not anything to be proud of.
If you want to thrash teams play as Australia or India I reckon:p
Yeah, this is what I usually do when I want to blindly thrash other teams. India and Australia both have fantastic batting lineups in ICC 2002 so nothing to worry about there. I usually pick 2 fast bowlers and 2 spinners (Singh and Kumble or McGill and Warne) and just have at it. With honest play, of course, and the game is just too easy at that point. :p

One thing I've noticed in ICC 2002 is spinners can be extremely prolific. Maybe that's just cuz you can bowl them more before giving them breaks. I always go for Saqlain Mushtaq, Kumble, Muralitharan or co. when purchasing overseas players and the wickets just flow like crazy.

Even Thilan Samaraweera who is a god in ICC 2002 as far as all-rounders go. :happy:

But yeah, I haven't played a long long run of ICC seasons in a while. Just haven't had the time or interest lately. Perhaps I'll do one this winter when I have some free time. I used to play as Warwickshire a lot which is my favorite team. Partly because I like some of their players and most importantly because half of them don't get selected for England every couple of games - like Surrey who loses half their batting lineup to England selection (Stewart, Butcher, Thorpe, Hollioake - ah stop already!). I think the most I ever went was 2017 or so and might have had one truly good FC batsman who averaged in the 60s. This was ICC 1 though. :o

Last edited:

bryce

International Regular
That Mark Tong guy is insane! How did you get him to that stage? Was he a 17 year old with a good record, and then you picked him and put him on technique until 25 and then batting/bowling practice after? Please do tell!
I'm sorry to say but the way I got him is alot more boring than you may have hoped. It is just pushing ctrl+alt+del at the contracts and then restarting the contracts screens until you see a youth player you want with a good 2nd team average. It is an unbelievably boring exercise, but I had to do it in order to be competitive with all the other online teams at that time because alot of other people done it too. The best teams had some unbelievable time put into them - mostly at contracts screens. To add to that the more players you have retire at the end of a season then the more youth players you get, so when you go down that path you try and buy as many ageing players as you can.

Last edited:

krkode

State Captain
I'm sorry to say but the way I got him is alot more boring than you may have hoped. It is just pushing ctrl+alt+del at the contracts and then restarting the contracts screens until you see a youth player you want with a good 2nd team average. It is an unbelievably boring exercise, but I had to do it in order to be competitive with all the other online teams at that time because alot of other people done it too. The best teams had some unbelievable time put into them - mostly at contracts screens. To add to that the more players you have retire at the end of a season then the more youth players you get, so when you go down that path you try and buy as many ageing players as you can.
Interesting... what sort of number do you consider "good" enough for a second team player who you think might make it big?

You know how at the start of a season, the game automatically selects a team for you? Well one time, I remember getting some young kid, don't even remember what his second XI average was, but the game automatically put him in my team over some established batsmen. I figured what the hec and went with it - he made a century on debut and ended up being quite a solid player. Never had that happen again, though. And I've certainly never found a good youth bowler. :(

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I've never CADed on the contract screen. Usually if the youths aren't good there are a few players on the market who can make up for it.

bryce

International Regular
I've never CADed on the contract screen. Usually if the youths aren't good there are a few players on the market who can make up for it.
Yeah, well I never would have either if all the other best online teams did. It was a case of either not replaying contracts screens and getting owned online or CAD'ing so you can get players that will be competetive in online matches. It is a depressing exercise but since I wanted to be competive online I had no other choice. From what I have seen so far in the ICC2008 online league no one seems to have been replaying screens to get "super youths", but I have not played any of the top ten teams yet so not sure

bryce

International Regular
Interesting... what sort of number do you consider "good" enough for a second team player who you think might make it big?

You know how at the start of a season, the game automatically selects a team for you? Well one time, I remember getting some young kid, don't even remember what his second XI average was, but the game automatically put him in my team over some established batsmen. I figured what the hec and went with it - he made a century on debut and ended up being quite a solid player. Never had that happen again, though. And I've certainly never found a good youth bowler. :(
Yeah, with youth players the only real guide to how good they are is 2nd XI average. With youth players also take note of 2nd XI conversion rates(100's to 50's) plus amount of not-outs for batsmen and RPO's for bowlers. Generally a quality batsman will be 50+ 2nd XI and a quality bowler -20 2nd XI. It is definately not limited to that though - i've seen youths average 35 2nd XI with the bat then end up batting three for England, and it can also go the other way with players not living up to their 2nd XI average and flopping

bryce

International Regular
Yet to get an awesome batsman on ICC08, but from ICC2006:

Interesting to note his second team average was quite ordinary. Truly a freak player.
That's amazing, huge century count. Doesn't hurt to ask but it was on normal difficuly aye?
Here's two of my most successful, dont come anywhere near your man though:p

Attachments

Last edited:

krkode

State Captain
Yeah, and only 29 at that! :ph34r:

Do you just select him less for ODIs or is that just how the test/ODI ratio works out in the long run? Seems a little odd that he's played only 20 more ODIs than tests. :-O