• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC 2009 Features

Which game feature would you like to see in 2009???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jonty Lathwal

U19 Debutant
:) yeah with a bright smile i am hoping that some good features will be added in the next version of our favourite game ICC.

i am posting a poll on the features we would want to see......

if ur favourite is not on the list .......then let everyone know through a post.....:)

hallmitchell

School Boy/Girl Captain
What I would like to see.

Would be an editor. Let the fans make their own series and share it with one another.

I would also like to see the return of classic test series. Or a retro world cup say 1983.

bryce

International Regular
Obviously it would be nice if they could implement everything from the professional cricketing world in the game but that is not going to happen. If any new major features come on future ICC games it probaly should be considered a minor miracle.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
"Domestic Competetions from other countries like Australia,SA & India"
Would be nice but I don't think it's a priority at the moment.

"T20 leagues like IPL , ICL ,Stanford 20-20 & Champions League T20"
The problem with the likes of the ICL and Champions League is that we have no idea how long they will run for. How far into the game should they be included in the fixtures list? What players will turn into "rebels" and no longer be available for international selection because they've been signed with the ICL? It'll cause more problems than benefits.

"ICC Tournaments like Champions Trophy , World T20 and Asia Cup."
I've got no real interest in the Asia Cup but would like to see the T20 World Cup and Champions Trophy.

"Database editor for editing players and teams & we can add our custom teams and leagues"
Given ICC is about trying to create a realistic simulation I think custom teams and database editors included in the game might counter some of that. If its made from an outside party, fair enough, but IMO shouldn't be expected of the creaters.

"Career Strikes & Captaincy records in player profiles"
Not entirely sure what you mean by career strikes. Captaincy records would probably be a slightly irrelevant feature.

"Retirement announcements before the start of the season and hall of fame of retired players"
Definitely agree with this one. Over the years theres been nothing more frustrating than starting a new season and only when you pick your squad for the first game of the season that you realise which players have disappeared and retired.

I'd also like to see rain in ODIs, with perhaps the Duckworth-Lewis system introduced. Also 30+ overs bowled per session in test matches are a bit of a stretch for some teams so I'd like that to be adjusted on ICC. The par score in Twenty20 matches seems to be a bit low (anything over 140 seems to be very good on the game) whereas teams in real life tend to see 160-170+ as giving them the advantage.

krkode

State Captain
Honestly, how would a 20-20 play out in ICC?

Set batting aggression to max and have at it... and that's it?

I'm asking cuz I don't know - I only have ICC 2002, but I understand more recent versions have 20-20 cricket?

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Honestly, how would a 20-20 play out in ICC?

Set batting aggression to max and have at it... and that's it?

I'm asking cuz I don't know - I only have ICC 2002, but I understand more recent versions have 20-20 cricket?
That was my theory to start with, and sometimes it pays off but generally you'll find yourself about 5/50 after 5 overs far too often blasting on full aggression from ball one, and end up struggling to 130 or so. The best tactic is to start a couple of bars below full aggression, hope for a quick enough start and maintain wickets in hand for the final 6-8 overs to really launch then. Different tactics work for different people but thats how I try to approach 20-20 games.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
oh...sorry........i mean career strike rates
I presumed you meant that but wasn't entirely sure - actually thats not a bad feature, but strike rates in domestic games outside of England are always irrelevant (I think around 55 for both first clas and one day games) so you'd need a slight tweak in the design of domestic games where the scorecards aren't available.

darko21

U19 Debutant
I have always wanted to see more records for all forms of the game. It has stayed with the same handful of records since the first ever ICC. My idea for an in-game records book would include:

- FC, ODI, Test, ODD and T20 records (the basic best batting/bowling)
- Fastest 50s, 100s in ODI
- Maybe a top 10 list for most runs, most wickets etc.
- Ability to look at retired players stats. This is one thing I have always wanted to see if Ponting was better than my 2074 World Champion captain Will Keller.

These are some ideas but records of past and present is a major component I would like to see.

pskov

International 12th Man
In order of preference.

1. An editor

2. Player history recorded so you can look up averages for every season, not just current and last.

3. Proper ICC calendar with Champions Trophy and World T20 included

4. More variation in test match series lengths so that India don't always just play two tests when they tour England, plus when Bangladesh become competitive after a few years they don't only ever play two test series.

5. More domestic competitions and teams fully modeled.

But to be honest, the only one I can see happening is 3 and maybe 4. It seems that ICC has been really stagnated over the last 3 years or so, it's a shame that they don't have a dedicated team working on it but I guess it just doesn't have the sales to justify that.

Just to add I don't care about the ICL and IPL.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
CBF with an editor for it. An editor is only good for old games IMO, for those with the patience and dedication to edit it. With new games I'd rather we have up to date stats and access to domestic series of the Test nations. Why would we need to edit players otherwise except to cheat and make our teams better?