• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Icc 4?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Any realism destroyed already by saying “Monty Panesar is one of the hottest talents in world cricket today" :)

Im guessing he was approached a while ago.

Will still probably buy it though.

gio

U19 Cricketer
Hmmm, exciting but it seems the most important thing - the data - still looks slightly flawed. In the England v NZ team selection both teams are rated as 4*. The fact that they are rated as equally talented is worrying...!

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Could do with some pace bowlers who arent totally ineffective as well.
Spinners dominating has been around since the early days so can't see it changing TBH unless they completely redo the game's formula.

I like the sound of the youth team thing. Tempted to buy this one.

But yeah 6s and decent pace bowlers have been seriously lacking throughout the series. Hope they are finally implemented this time.
Agreed with both points, the extra training options will be interesting. Again doubt whether the amount of sixes will increase, you'd think they would get that fixed given how many times its been mentioned before!

Hmmm, exciting but it seems the most important thing - the data - still looks slightly flawed. In the England v NZ team selection both teams are rated as 4*. The fact that they are rated as equally talented is worrying...!
Jacob Oram's also opening the bowling for New Zealand in a test in one of the screenshots, so how accurate the data is will also be something to keep an eye on.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Spinners dominating has been around since the early days so can't see it changing TBH unless they completely redo the game's formula.

Agreed with both points, the extra training options will be interesting. Again doubt whether the amount of sixes will increase, you'd think they would get that fixed given how many times its been mentioned before!

Jacob Oram's also opening the bowling for New Zealand in a test in one of the screenshots, so how accurate the data is will also be something to keep an eye on.
Yeah agreed, my main gripe with it this time round was that when ICC3 was released last year one of the main attractions so to speak was the fact that pace bowlers were much more effective, and that you would no longer have to rely on spinners...and that turned out to be incorrect. Its just kind of annoying really, to see your pacemen go for about 6 rpo on a terrible pitch, and then your spinners pick up about 7 wickets for 56 on a pitch that isnt turning at all.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Haha yeah. Pretty much every ICC game I've played I always end up rotating seam bowlers as they never seem to be as effective as the spinners, who will stay in the side for 10+ years.

Even guys like Shane Bond and Glenn McGrath were never that good when I played.

scritty

School Boy/Girl Cricketer

Well I hold out hope for more than cosmetic and DB changes. I haven't had any of this optimism since ICC2000 was released, but the list of changes esspecially

• More game play options with NEW coaching and player development attributes.
and

• Re-balanced game engine with accurate match simulation
Seem to suggest some changes in this field. I have often criticised ICC for being very stale. Tellingly I play ICC2002 ahead of ICC3 because to me, it's the same game unencumbered by kludgy graphics. But I will certainly change if this new version delivers on what it seems to promise.

Regards

Paul Clarke

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha yeah. Pretty much every ICC game I've played I always end up rotating seam bowlers as they never seem to be as effective as the spinners, who will stay in the side for 10+ years.

Even guys like Shane Bond and Glenn McGrath were never that good when I played.
Yeah exactly, I had Glenn McGrath as my overseas player for Yorkshire, his end of season average after playing in nearly every game was about 72 or something like that, whereas Adil Rashid had an average of about 25, argh.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Impossible to say why... but after playing a few games, and getting used to the rather cluttered main match screen, this version bodes well towards being the best one yet.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I'll download it tomorrow morning as am busy this evening (so don't waste a day of the two-day trial). Am also a bit excited at the new game, with the anticipated changes.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Playing a random ODI, just to test it...

K Pietersen lbw Franklin 59 (70) with 8 fours and...2 sixes! Interesting.