• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

EA cricket 08

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
Yeah mate they're taking a while to make it but apparently I've heard that it will be brilliant. Better be worth the wait I reckon ;)

speedy

Cricket Spectator
I hope its easier to play then the 07 game. I got bored in an hour since I couldn't really figure out how to play!

Jammy Dodgers

Cricket Spectator
The improvements they could make:

- realisic faces and actions;
- reverse swing only coming into play around 80 overs;
- more on off stump and outside.( to trouble the batsmen you have to bowl well wide of off stump when realistically u would deffenatly leave;
- more commentary;
- Injuries for example a very quick bouncer very rarely results injury.
- create player.( create a run up, more facial options and voice etc);
-graphics. the UK version of the stumps being hit is a crap animation;
-vary wicket( sticky, dry, hard etc);
-Gameplay;
- bowling choice( u can change the seam position).
- field placings ( theres a set field have to put a fielder in the spots. have the freedom to place anywhere but keeping the rules obviously);
- move the batsmen in the crease have him outside the popping crease. also taking the batsmens mark number 2 middle etc;
- can have the wicket keep up at the stumps for medium pace bowlers;
-More realistic shots and ball wear and tear effect;

thats all I got at the mo lol

readie

State Regular

- more on off stump and outside.( to trouble the batsmen you have to bowl well wide of off stump when realistically u would deffenatly leave;
- more commentary;
-Gameplay;
- field placings ( theres a set field have to put a fielder in the spots. have the freedom to place anywhere but keeping the rules obviously);
- move the batsmen in the crease have him outside the popping crease. also taking the batsmens mark number 2 middle etc;

I AW all of that

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Realistically (in conditions where it's a factor at all) reverse swing comes into play a lot earlier than 80 overs.

Cameron-Moss

U19 12th Man

- more commentary;
-Gameplay;

I hope these improvements get made, it would be really good to see it.

Jakester1288

International Regular

- more commentary;
-Gameplay;

Also, the ball swings as much after 150 overs as it did in the first over. Players need to be updated and such, and I think Andrew Symonds should be able to bowl his mediums and his offies. I still like Cricket 07, and am eager for 08. Does anyone have a link to say that it is defo gunna happen?

NFFC

Cricket Spectator
I hope this happens - unfortunately EA seem to be very quiet about it. Is this coming out next year or will it be next summer/autumn around Ashes time?

jonny1408

School Boy/Girl Captain
not going to happen, i bet! cricket 07 is ok-good like most cricket games just needs intense testing and sorting out stupid things like being near impossible to bowl at AI batsman.

I think that both Cricket 09 and a codemasters game (not sure which player it will feature) will probably come out in 2009. With cricket 09 featuring on the ashes with the codies game featuring on twenty 20 world cup. I wouldn't be suprise if there was a game either including or completely focusing on the IPL.