• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Icc 2003???

Langeveldt

Soutie
Is there any chance of an ICC 2003 coming out?

I guess while they keep on making games not compatible with an editor (So we can keep the damn teams up to date!), we will keep forking out the money for another data update!

krkode

State Captain
I don't think it's coming. Empire kinda discarded the game, i think, and even ICC 2002 was made by the non-original ICC makers. It was basically just an update of ICC2000.

So, I don't see an ICC 2003 coming unless someone has a lot of time :(

Plus, I don't think they're making anything like an editor as that would ruin the online game...

Bazza

International 12th Man
Just to follow up on what krkode is saying (hi by the way :D ), I don't think there will be an ICC 2003, but then that was said about ICC 2002, which eventually came about.

Dan hasn't commented on it yet and this question comes up evry year. ICC 2002 was made by the same developers I believe, though they were simply required to update the data really. The most significant change between 2001 and 2002 was probably to the online game, with 4 day games coming in.

I can't see an editor ever being included.

So bottom line is don't keep your fingers crossed but if it does happen you will be pleasantly surprised.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
yea i think an updater for teams etc would be real good or someone in the developers team who could work up to make updated squads for download...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
crave new icc... GIMMEE!! :( :saint: :D

they at least need some thinmg where you can update players, get new players, perhaps some more options??

australia wise anyway, NATHAN BRACKEN (the worlds best player... okay, my favourite) is so lame in ICC 2001, its not funny.
in the real world, bracken is a champion (onedayint avg of 23.67) and has a motm recent 3/21 against 'precious' england (damn or was it sri lanka...) :alien8:

also hauritz, watson and a few others ar missing.
by the way, whats with the 'SLA' category!! they could say left arm orthordox or what have you...

hogg is a great bowler in todays cricketing world, but in icc hes a crap 'sla' with an avg of like 42.

Haffy

Cricket Spectator
ACH!

I crave 4 anything icc!
icc 2003, 2004, 2005.
im gonna get every dam 1 of them!
and no nnanden bracken is not the best bowler in the world we all know shawn bradstreet is!:P
but yes, they probably should have left arm chinaman bowlers in future icc games.

Langeveldt

Soutie
i reckon EA should make a management sim in the mould of total club manager, instead of their usual button bashing arcade stuff

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
eas games are starting to get really repetitive and annoying... time to make a cricket sim, eh?