• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Tournament- any won interrested?

dinos86

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
can everyone put there teams back on this forum because i forgot who has eneter, i only can remeber these teams- dogknob, huntz02,the legendary legands, doobey_2nd_XI,kingz ,winning machine,dinosaswan,kiwimagic,Kurt_Angles_Olympic_Heroes,ToshackHighway,Sacrosancts. i need one more team to get this tournment under way, the first person to post there team on here will be added to the comp!

[Edited on 1/23/02 by dinos86]

[Edited on 1/23/02 by dinos86]

dinos86

ok this tournament if on ICC 2001, and is normal game play, it is in knockout form, so once you lose a game you out, or it can be in a form like the world cup(thats if i get enough teams, i would need 12 teams to do so)if i get 12 teams i would like to do a world cup type game play. i would like to no what you guys reackon game play would make a better tournament!

Swing

Cricket Spectator
I'd have to say that the World Cup system would be better as a strong team could just dominate in the Knock-Out variety of the game (I guess that's the idea, but no fun for others ;))

Count me in.

[Edited on 1/23/02 by Swing]

dinos86

thanx m8 for that vote, thats 1 vote for world cup format and no votes for knockout format.
and swing are u gonna be in the tornament, if so what is the name of your team?

Swing

Cricket Spectator
Hm, I guess I'll use the Sacrosancts .. wherer are those buggers anyway ... *goes off to play as Lancashire*

bryce

International Regular
yeh bro ill goo for da world cup but we need to finish diz me and dino aint got long till our online careers go on hold for a while

dinos86

will the players have decied, the format is going to be world cup format! yeppee

i have got till the first week in feb to finish this world cup as i start work then, and bryce is going on a camp wit school, so i need one more team and we will get the ICC 2001 WORLD CUP under way!

bryce

International Regular
i will enter two team :D

dino u can enter but u not allowed to use dinos86 team ok

dinos86

nah m8 i will not use dinos86, i am using dinosaswan, and doggy u can not enter 2 teams cause that would be unfair to the other playes

dinos86

ok this is how the world cup will go-
its just like the real life world cup, but a little different and its on a game, ICC2001!
there will be 3 groups, 4 teams in each(the teams in the groups will be drawn at random)
each team plays each other once, you get 3 points for a win, 2 ponts for a draw and 1 point for a loss. if there is a disc during the game, u can decide if u wont to re-play the match, or let the person who was winning have the points!, u will have to take a screen shot of the final score card and send it to me at dinos86@hotmail.com or brendandinos86@aol.com. the 2 highest ranked teams in each group will advance to the super six round, than each team will play each other once and the 2 highest teams will go into the ICC 2001 WORLD CUP FINAL!

nibbs

International Captain
surely you have to seperate the top sides. have three seeds so that the number ones aren't in the same group. So is this the set up?:

Round 1: 3 groups of four teams, top 2 in each group advance.

Super 6: Do team carry points foward here? Top 2 advance to final.

Grand Final: Winner is champion and can be proud.

dinos86

yeah thats the way its gonna be muz, but im not gonna have seeds, i am just gonna pull teams out of a hat, i will do that when i get one more team, and then i will make up the fixutures of who is playing who. there will be a stric deadline of when the match r to be sent to me, cause me and byrce will not be here in feb, so we have to feb toi getr this comp finised, and the teams who dont send the sceen shots in on team will forited the world cup :confused:

bryce

International Regular
yeah thats the way its gonna be muz, but im not gonna have seeds, i am just gonna pull teams out of a hat, i will do that when i get one more team, and then i will make up the fixutures of who is playing who. there will be a stric deadline of when the match r to be sent to me, cause me and byrce will not be here in feb, so we have to feb toi getr this comp finised, and the teams who dont send the sceen shots in on team will forited the world cup :confused:
yep thats right m8 i totally agree

dinos86

ok folks, there has been a change of plan, since no 1 has put a team on to make 12 teams i am changing the format.
there will be 2 groups of 4 teams, and 1 group of 3, and only one team from the group of three will make it to the next round, the super six, and since that only makes 5 teams in the super six, there will be a wild card given to the best team who did not make the super six!, the draw will be done very soon an as soon as the draw is done i will make the fixtures of who is playin who, it'll be done by tonight or tomorrow.

jasonguru

Cricket Spectator
hey dino. iwould love to be in but i've lost my game files when i got the new pc. one thing i'd like to know m8 is how do u take a screenshot of a game, cause i've got no idea.

Guru.

P.S. Jason's Guru's and The House Of Pain is gone forever. I'm gonna start work on a new side now. Sorry Muzza for missing the arranged game we had but i now have no team.

dinos86

u press print screen, and then go to paint and paste it, and there u go u have a screen shot!

m8 its to late to enter the tournament now, soory