• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Career - New Freeware Game

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
Here's the new cricket game from me. It's on the occassion of India's Republic Day. It's partly based on hanifv's Cricketer. Its free for all and here's what its all about:

Cricket Career focuses on cricket career management and simulation. Your aim in the game is to get selected for the World Cup Squad, to stay at the highest level for as long as possible and to accumulate a huge bank balance. To do this successfully, you'll have to take care that your health and accessories always remain at a higher level. You'll be having a Health Care Unit to recover lost health and a Cricket Gear Store to buy all your cricketing accessories. You'll be earning money through match fees, sponsorship deals and performance bonuses. The in-built Training Center helps you to enhance various cricketing skills. While you perform well, you'll be promoted to the next level but you may be dropped from the team if your performance goes below par. Experience all the highs and lows of a cricketer's career with this superbly designed game.

Download the game from:
http://www.cricketweb.net/downloadscentre/freeware/cricketcareer.shtml

For more information, go to:
http://sumitsoft.cjb.net

Post all your comments and Suggesstions here in this thread or e-mail me.

Last edited:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is it possible to accept the money from the book makers and not have my career ended?

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
Is it possible to accept the money from the book makers and not have my career ended?
Sorry mate,

doesn't sound realistic. does it?
when you accept money from a book maker, you take a chance. it is possible that you never get caught but that's not always the case.

Simon

its all good mate, i now realise you dont have your carrer ended every time you accept money, just most of the time.
Can i make on suggestion though, the game seems to go on a bit, maybe you should put something in it where you have ages on it. cause it seems like it just keeps going forever, so maybe when you get to 37 or 38 you should be retired.
Just a thought.

Simon

this game is awesome, better and better each time, is there any chance of another version that has retirements or your age in it being released at all?

Rich2001

International Captain
Iagree this game is super... Iagree with Broncoman it never seems to end, I went through the first 3 teams in a few mins and for my Country I had to save a give up at 200 matches after the game become repetive, once you work out a patteren to buy your health and equipment as long as you don't accept money from the bookmakers then there seems no other way to lose, mine you iam not dissapointed as currently after 200 games I've scored 16,000+ runs @ about 82.50 and taken nearly 850 wkts and loads of catches too :D :D :D :D :D

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
Hi everyone,

The problem is that some of you want a never ending game while others want a game which comes to an end after some time. I am confused as I can't decide what to do.

sean

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think that there definitley has to be retirements.

I also think something has to be done with the skills though. Maybe a limit to the amount you can apply at the start to make the game a little more difficult instead of just being able to start with 100 in each field.

A fantastic game though!

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
Hi,

I kept the skill levels flexible from 0 to 100 for varying degree of difficulty.

If you need the game to be tougher, why not try with a skill of 30 in each of the departments?

This will be good as you gain experience.

Simon

or try starting on 0 0 0
thats quite tough, u have to go a few games getting nothing, but u get match fees and work ur way up from scratch. thats the most enjoyable way to play the game i think.

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
Hi,

if anyone of you noticed any bug in this version of Cricket Career, please let me know as soon as possible. I'll be fixing those bugs and making some changes to the game before releasing a new version.

Please mention all the bugs as soon as possible as I don't want to release versions like 1.1, 1.2 etc. after fixing the bugs all the time. Its a time consuming process as you may know.

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
Hi everyone,

I'll be making a sequel to Cricket Career soon....
Please send me your suggesstions for the sequel at
sumit4@hotpop.com

Thanks for the amazing response.....
btw, will you buy the sequel if it happens to be a shareware?
Post your comments on this topic here along with your
suitable price tag for the sequel....

juztinlanger

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Hmm. This is a neat game. One way to improve it might be to create competitions and stuff. You could make real team results as well.

Cricket Career is an awesome game though.
----------------
Creator of Fast Cricket.

fast cricket.exe

juztinlanger

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Well, I'm working on a update (v1.5) for my game Fast Cricket. Once i have released the update file, it will be interesting to compare them.

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
Well, I'm working on a update (v1.5) for my game Fast Cricket. Once i have released the update file, it will be interesting to compare them.
Oh sure,

I'll love to have such competition. This will infact help both of us improve our games.

One honest view though, there's nothing much in the first version of Fast Cricket. I'm sure you'll agree that those stuff can be added in only five minutes or so without any real effort.

Anyway, best of luck for v1.5 and I really do hope it improves tremendously over v1.0