• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket 2004..Suggestions Please!!

Langeveldt

Soutie
Hi all

So C2004 has been confirmed, here are my two cents worth on what is needed.

1. A Full on editor. I know this has been confirmed, but i really would like to see an Editor like in the FIFA series.
Changing appearence, teams, stats, maybe even kits. If this is possible on the PS2

2. PLEEEEEEEEASE can people like McGrath stop scoring centuries. All i want is batsmen to bat according to their ability.
It shouldnt be too much to ask in this day and age

3.Improved AI, no sweeping yorkers, and can we please bowl people in test matches??

Thats all, not too much to ask i hope!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I agree a FULL Editor is 100% neccesary, and also can we please have Rain this time!!!!

Would also like to see Domestic teams and the ability to create your own comp, so we could have a Club KO....
:D :D :D :D :D :D

yaju

State Vice-Captain
Mate, even if 1st one isn't filled, modders are here.
The 2nd one is under consideration. It was also in C2K2 but the lack of time....
The 3rd one has already been implemented. For C2K2 you can also try Ravi's patches.

Langeveldt

Soutie
great to hear it Yaju, i hope that the tailender fix isnt just considered but it put in asap. It completely detracts from what is a good game in C2002 and has stopped me playing it all together.

Apart from that gripe, EA have come up with some very good cricket games.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Yea i want to see an appearance editor as in create a team from scratch and the ability to change the look in the whole person , and the choices should be a lot too

and we should be able to restrict our team , as in only allocate points to be used otherwise superhuman created teams will kill the game

Langeveldt

Soutie
Well I think that the PC version has multiplayer? Online??

If that is the case, well me and a member of the prems could be slugging it out on Cricket 2004 , we will be looking for revenge, the fire still burns strong....

I think the PS2 version comes out first...Ill be getting the game on its release date in UK, however i got C2002 from Australia because it came out before there.

That is why I have BRETT LEE and someone else on the cover :!(

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Yea ill challenge u for sure , ill be 1st in the line to get crick 2004 if it has multiplayer

Prems vs 1sts Live !

We gonna defend the title !

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yaju, I have one question!

Will guys like Allan Donald, McGrath bat the same as as Flower, tendulkar? Like they did in C2002...

Thats the only prob i have with C2002, and if that is fixed I will buy C2004 no doubt

yaju

State Vice-Captain
Mate,

This was among the planned features. It was implemented, but for CPU games only. Just simulate batting and then you will see.

But I am yet to see a person who simulates batting and does only bowling.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I just hope that in Cricket 2004 i wont be seeing Glenn McGrath hit 47 off 18 to win a match, after getting the rest out for not much...i never autoplay matches anyway...

Top game apart from that tho :)

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
I thought the leg glance was a pretty lame shot in the game. I instictively played it in Brian Lara/SW, in C2K2 its pretty useless and would often get me caught.

Also, there is this power shot that you can play over mid-off OFF THE BACK FOOT ! now thats pretty *unreal*. I havent seen players smacking a cricket ball while on the back foot, two feet inside the ropes.

The crowd should not have been a mess of clapping zombies. Did you notice they cla all the darn time.......

Not satisfied with bowling, still not as control over it as with a
batsman.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The first thing that needs to be fixed is getting out caught off the body and getting out at short leg (bat-pad) when playing a full-blooded pull shot. This is so fustrating and can cost you the game.

The second most important thing is that computer teams actually chase your totals in ODI. I played an entire world cup, batting and bowling 50 overs, and not once did a team go out and chase a total, 4/180 off 50 overs chasing 220 just is not realistic.

One last thing (that I can think of at the moment) is after you save a game not having the bowler who bowled the last over before you saved bowl the next over. This can cause bowlers to bowl 11 overs in a ODI.