• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Soccer-Sim Version 3.0

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
Firstly, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a very Happy Holiday Season.

Now, you all must be looking forward to a christmas gift from me for all of you and here it comes... "Soccer-Sim v3.0", the soccer simulator from me gets even better than before with lots of new functions and enhancements over the previous version. Here is a brief overview of all what you can expect from this new version of Soccer-Sim:

* League Editor
* Support for Multiple Leagues
* Record for League Results
* Results Published in HTML
* Improved Real Time Statistics
* Fouls, Bookings, Corners and Shots Details
* Real Time Match Highlights
* Home Ground Support for Stadium Editor
* Improved User Interface & Game Play
* Complete Teams/Grounds/Players from English Premiership 2002
* No Registration Needed

So, don't waste your time. Get your christmas gift straight away.
Download Soccer-Sim v3.0

Please let me know your opinions, comments, suggesstions etc. in this thread or via e-mail.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I downloaded it, and went to play, but ever option I chose it gave me a Run-time error '76' : Path not found message.

What've I done wrong?

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
marc71178 said:
I downloaded it, and went to play, but ever option I chose it gave me a Run-time error '76' : Path not found message.

What've I done wrong?
Sorry for that Marc,

Can you please explain the error you encountered. I mean how you came to find that or how can I regenerate that error.

Also, the full error message. It will be of great help in solving your problem.

Thanks.

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
marc71178 said:

What've I done wrong?
Hi Marc,

May be I have found out your problem and solution to it as well. This is because you are trying to play the game without unzipping it completely.

Remedy: Unzip all the files in a directory and then try to play the game. It should work well now.

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
Yes, The total no. of files are 25.
20 of which are inside the 'Teams' folder.
1 of them inside the 'Leagues' folder.

Does that work now?

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
marc71178 said:
They're all in one folder at the moment...
Hi Marc,

All you have to do is instruct your zip/unzip utility to preserve the folder information before you click on extract. Now you'll have the files in their respective folders.

Or you can do the following,

Create a folder and unzip all 25 files to it. Create a 'Teams' folder and a 'Leagues' folder. Put all the team files in the 'Teams' folder and put the 'English Premiership.leg' file in the 'Leagues' folder. Execute the Soccer-Sim.exe and it should work fine.

Thanks.

Cloete

International Captain
hey quickfire. i was just wondering if u could may-b add tactics to the game. so u can change the postitions and stuff. allow a player to be good at multiple postitions. also i would really enjoy more comprehensive team and league editors. like the ability to play knock-out. i would really appreciate n e further releasaes. thanx in advance.

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
WCCC_SOMERSET said:
hey quickfire. i was just wondering if u could may-b add tactics to the game. so u can change the postitions and stuff. allow a player to be good at multiple postitions. also i would really enjoy more comprehensive team and league editors. like the ability to play knock-out. i would really appreciate n e further releasaes. thanx in advance.
Hi WCC,

Thanks a lot for your concern for Soccer Sim. I will indeed be releasing the sequel to Soccer-Sim v3.0 in the future. I am very glad to receive the feature list from you as I was wondering on how to improve the game further.

Please do me a favour by mentioning in details what you relly need. For example, what can be a more comprehensive team and league editors be like? what kind of tactics should I add? As it is, tactics don't play any role in decidiing the results.

I would like to add a knock-out play as soon as possible. It will surely take some time as I will be busy with a few ongoing projects of mine like the Total Cricket etc. Next is the World Cup 2003 and finally my university exams. So, you may have to wait a little bit longer for Soccer-Sim 4.0

You can post a wish list on Soccer-Sim here if you wish or simply e-mail that to me as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Cloete

International Captain
ok. b-coz me and a few others are going to start up a soccer PBEM soon. and ur sim is probably the best but not too comprehensive. n e way thanx for the reply m8. well i would like the game to rund on more aspects than just skill. there should be more parameters to edit than skill and the game should take them into account. n e way it's still a great game m8.

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
WCCC_SOMERSET said:
ok. b-coz me and a few others are going to start up a soccer PBEM soon. and ur sim is probably the best but not too comprehensive. n e way thanx for the reply m8. well i would like the game to rund on more aspects than just skill. there should be more parameters to edit than skill and the game should take them into account. n e way it's still a great game m8.
Its good to hear that you will be starting a soccer PBEM soon and I'll appreciate if you do use Soccer-Sim for this purpose. I'll be more than happy to help you out on that.

All you have to do is send me an e-mail listing all the features that will indeed make Soccer-Sim a comprehensive simulator. Please do that for me and I will try my best to implement those features in the next version.

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
I have got your email and I'll try my best to implement the features as soon as possible.

I'll let you know when its done.

Thanks a lot.

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
Soccer-Sim Version4.0

For all the followers of Soccer-Sim, the news is that Soccer-Sim v4.0 is now online and can be downloaded from the following website:

http://sumitsoft.cjb.net

It has all new features and modifications from earlier versions. Also included are the new Knock-Out mode, improved Commentary and Sound effects for Full Simulation mode. Download it now!

For those new to Soccer-Sim, its a statistical soccer simulator with unique features. For details, check out the above website.

Do send in your comments/suggestions to me by e-mail or through my website.

Thanks.

NikhilN

International Regular
Please help....

Error 404 - The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please let James Nixon know of the link you followed to get here.

You can now continue surfing around the Cricket Web site.