• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Injured batsmen??

jonny1408

School Boy/Girl Captain
On all non-coaching cricket games, players never get injured. I think it would be a lot better if a player got hit in the ribs by shoaib akthar at 95mph they would have to come off retired hurt. I think this would make the game more interesting as in real life you would try not to get hit. Obviously i would want it to happen on a random basis. And players getting injured in the field too and subs being brought on say if they dropped a catch which is coming quickly again not all the time just a small % of the time. Also maybe having runners but im not sure what kind of thing could happen to make people need a runner. Maybe an delivery to the ankle?
And what are your views on choosing whether your batsmen uses a helmet or cap and if gets hit then retires hurt.

OrsonWelles

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I dont like the idea of being able to choose a cap or helmet, it just seems an unnecessary detail. I think having your players being injured while batting and fielding could be a good idea.