• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My Australian story ICC 3

Darren

Cricket Spectator
I have just brought ICC III and have decided to start an international career as Australia, hopefully I can rival Graham's excellent New Zealand adventure and also I hope to keep Australia number 1 in both forms of the game.

My World Cup 15 has been confirmed.

Batsmen
Ricky Ponting {C}
Matthew Hayden
Michael Clarke
Michael Hussey
Brad Hodge
Adam Gilchrist {VC}, {WK}
Brad Haddin {WK}

Andrew Symonds
Shane Watson

Brad Hogg
Brett Lee
Nathen Bracken
Glenn McGrath
Stuart Clark
Shuan Tait

It will be the useful suspects in the batting line-up Gilchrist, Hayden, Ponting, Clarke, Symonds and Hussey. As backup, I have chosen Haddin as he can keep so if Gilly gets injured he can fill the void; he is also a top quality batsman with a great domestic record. As the records in ICC do not include the end of the CB series Chappell Hadlee series Hodge has a very poor ODI average, despite this I have chosen him over the likes of Phil Jacques and Simon Katich as he has a good domestic record and a test double hundred.

My two all-rounders will defiantly be regulars in the first team, Watson will bat down the order and bowl his full quota and hopefully prove he can be our Freddie Flintoff, Symonds for some reason still it’s a medium pacer in this game, but his tidy off spin could come in handy for a couple of overs if the pitch is taking spin. Cameron White was unlucky to miss out, but I felt his bowling wasn’t up to scratch, although he will be in my future plans.

Moving on to the bowlers it will be McGrath’s swansong, Lee and Bracken will open the bowling, with Hogg adding some spin to the side while he’s batting is very handy. Tait and Clark will act as back up bowlers, Mitchell Johnson was unlucky to miss out but Clark’s excellent Ashes series and Tait’s pace, although Johnson isn’t slow and also Tait’s marvellous domestic record got him the nod, if Hogg gets an injury Symonds and Clarke will turn their arms over.[/LEFT][/CENTER][/RIGHT][/RIGHT][/RIGHT]

My first game is against Scotland, although it should be an easy win they have Hamilton and Brown who have both played for England, while Blain and Poonia both have experience of county cricket, they have one Aussie in Paul Hoffman.

There are no big surprises in my side.

Gilchrist {Wicket Keeper]
Hayden
Ponting {Captain]
Clarke
Symonds
Hussey
Watson
Hogg
Lee
Bracken
McGrath

The pitch is an absolute beauty to bat on the sun is out and there is no help on offer to the bowlers. I’ve lost the toss and Scotland have decided to bat hopefully I can roll them over for less then 150.

Scotland 312/7 Macrae 119, Lockhart 107, Brown 17,
Lee 3/55, McGrath 3/60

Scotland was reeling at 3/40 after Brett lee had got three wickets. But Lockhart and Macrae played beautifully and both got hundreds smacking my attack around the park. An extremely poor bowling performance Bracken went for 71 off 10 getting one wicket while Hogg went for 46 off 6.

Australia 313/4 Gilchrist 161*, Hussey 77*, Ponting 38
Wright 2/72, Hoffman 1/57

An amazing performance by Gilchrist and Mr. Cricket under great pressure, Hussey came to the crease with the score at 4-161 in the 27th over and Scotland could smell test status. The equation was left to 8 of 6 balls with Blain bowling, the first went for four and the next with for four after a misfiled and Australia had got out of jail.

A hard first day at the office, disappointed with the bowling but at least them going for runs allowed our batters to get some time in the middle, hopefully we can bowl better against the Dutch and book a place in the Super eights.

Last edited: