• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ under GrahamB (ICC3)

Graham

3rd Umpire
Bangladesh v NZ (2nd Test - fireworks on Day One)

New Zealand - 140

T.Weston - 32
K.Arafat - 3/30

Bangladesh - 140/5

K.Saleh - 71no
B.Martin - 3/31

A disastrous start on an unexpectedly lively pitch, with the only consolation being that the Bangladeshis are unlikely to much better! :unsure:

The day got off to a bad start when Fulton was bowled with the first ball of the match and Stephen Fleming being run out shortly afterwards.
At 104/4 with Tim Weston and Lou Vincent going along nicely, it looked as though we might recover, but once that partnership was broken, we folded.
Rajin Saleh proved to be the difference between the two sides as he was the only batsman to get past 40! :-O

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Graham! Somers! Whats happening boys? Good to see you both back and posting :)
Its been a while, especially you S.

Graham

3rd Umpire
Bangladesh v NZ (2nd Test - Day Two)

New Zealand - 140

T.Weston - 32
K.Arafat - 3/30

Bangladesh - 256

K.Saleh - 90
S.Bond - 4/64
B.Martin - 3/75

New Zealand - 174/5

L.Vincent - 45no

For one horrible moment, I thought that our second innings was going to go the same way as the first.
Peter Fulton had the dubious honour of getting a king pair and then Ryder fell in the same over to have us at 5/2! :-O
Captain Fleming staunchly tried to stem the tide as both Sinclair and Weston fell at the other end.
Then when Fleming was undone for 38 with the score at 107/5, we were in real trouble.
Again Vincent and Oran have come to the rescue, but with a lead of only 58 runs, we're in a huge hole against a fired up home side! :wacko:

Last edited:

Graham

3rd Umpire
Bangladesh v NZ (2nd Test - Day Three)

New Zealand - 140

T.Weston - 32
K.Arafat - 3/30

Bangladesh - 256

K.Saleh - 90
S.Bond - 4/64
B.Martin - 3/75

New Zealand - 317

J.Oram - 112
L.Vincent - 45
N.Samad - 4/66

Bangladesh - 122/5

Although Vincent fell early, Jake Oram got good support from the tail as we managed to set the Bangladeshis 202 for the win.
Still needing 80 runs and with five wickets remaining, it promises to be a nailbiter on Day Four! :unsure:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good ton by big Jake, you'd think that we could wrap up the tail fairly easily.

Graham

3rd Umpire
Bangladesh v NZ
(2nd Test - Celebrations in Bangladesh as their cricket team snatches famous victory)

New Zealand - 140

T.Weston - 32
K.Arafat - 3/30

Bangladesh - 256

K.Saleh - 90
S.Bond - 4/64
B.Martin - 3/75

New Zealand - 317

J.Oram - 112
L.Vincent - 45
N.Samad - 4/66

Bangladesh - 203/8

M.Rahim - 51
F.Hossain - 45
B.Martin - 3/69

A good partnership between Rahim and F.Hossain set up the win for the home side. By the time they were both out, there weren't too many runs left for the tailenders to get.
The series levelled 1-1.
Mark my words though - this Bangladeshi side are going places! 8-)

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Solid score from Mushfiqur Rahim, nice to see the youngster doing well. Shame we didn't have more runs on the board.

Graham

3rd Umpire
Bangladesh v NZ (1st ODI)

Bangladesh - 237/6

Q.Islam - 59
K.Saleh - 47
M.Ashraful - 40no

New Zealand - 187

T.Weston - 55
M.Hossain - 4/56

I can see why the Bangladeshis made the Super 8 in the World Cup ahead of Sri Lanka now! :wacko:
We've chased down scores like this on several occasions, but the Bangladeshi spinners put the squeeze on scoring like no other side I've played so far.
I hope that this is not an indication of things to come in the next two ODIs.
We had a long batting lineup too, using Ryder as the fifth bowler, meaning that Oram batted at eight.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Graham! Somers! Whats happening boys? Good to see you both back and posting :)
Its been a while, especially you S.
Heya Nick, just been taking a break from the forums but still following the cricket and the new ICC of course, how about yourself?

Graham

3rd Umpire
Bangladesh v NZ (2nd ODI)

Bangladesh - 203

K.Saleh - 45
M.Ayub - 45
M.Mason - 4/32
B.Martin - 4/44

New Zealand - 152

S.Fleming - 52
J.Ryder - 45
Q.Islam - 4/39

An industrious performance in the field saw us restrict the Bangladeshis to a very gettable 203.
However, the Bangladeshi spinners seem to have a chokehold on our batsmen, no matter what strategies we try.
The run rate was kept at a manageable rate, but we kept losing wickets until the game was beyond us. :mellow:
The strategies that saw us come close to winning the World Cup are not working for us here.

Graham

3rd Umpire
Bangladesh v NZ (3rd ODI)

New Zealand - 243/8

P.Fulton - 58
M.Sinclair - 57
Q.Islam - 3/50

Bangladesh - 244/4

M.Ayub - 101no
K.Saleh - 68

Finally getting the chance to bat first, we put a very competitive total on the board, even though battling against their spinners continued to be as hard as hell.
But led by a fantastic century to Ayub, the Bangladeshis got their in the last over to take the ODI seies 3-0! :-O

However, I'll keep you informed as to how they go against other visiting sides as the story goes along, just to keep this in perspective.

Graham

3rd Umpire
During our winter, Bangladesh toured Zimbabwe.
They defeated Zimbabwe 1-0 in the tests and 3-0 in the ODIs.

Graham

3rd Umpire
It's now March 2008 and England are visiting our fine shores. :)

This will be skipper Stephen Fleming's last series because once he turns 35 years old, he will be retired according to my selection policy. 8-)

NZ v England (1st Test)

New Zealand

P.Fulton
S.Fleming (capt)
J.Ryder
M.Sinclair
C.McMillan
J.Oram
L.Vincent
T.Weston (wk)
S.Bond
M.Mason
D.Tuffey

England

A.Strauss
M.Vaughan
K.Pietersen
I.Bell
A.Cook
G.Park (wk)
L.Plunkett
C.Tremlett
S.Mahmood
M.Panesar

We've won the toss and put England in under cloudy conditions with a slow outfield.
I normally prefer to bat first in tests, but the weather is expected to improve from Day Three onwards and the pitch shouldn't deteriorate too much.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Great thread - top read so far. I must add though, that this thread had seen some of the worst use of the rolleyes emoticon in history.

Graham

3rd Umpire
NZ v England (1st Test - Day One)

England - 202/7

G.Park - 98no
M.Vaughan - 51
S.Bond - 3/32
M.Mason - 3/68

What a great decision to put the visitors into bat as Bond and Mason ripped the top order to shreds to have them reeling at 50/5! :laugh:

Through the carnage though, captain Vaughan stood firm, and with keeper Park they began to stage a recovery.

Enter Michael Mason. With a demon of a bouncer he broke Vaughan's ribs, putting him out of the test and out of the series! :eek:

However, Gary Park batted beautifully to see his side through to stumps at 202/7.

Last edited: