• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC3 Impressions/Discussion/Whatever

OrsonWelles

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
The problem I have with the game (and I have only played the 2-day trial) is that it still gets things wrong. Whats with the gray graphics? I think this series suffers from low expectations. They never change anything so when they finally do change something, they expect us (the consumers) to praise them for being revolutionary and that they finally listened to us. Its been six years since ICC 2001 and the game should have progressed further than this in that time.

Sunny Mehta

Cricket Spectator
Playing as India

Ajit Agarkar who is about 28, retires after 1 season

In my game it is about 2015 and i am yet to play Bangladesh at home or away in the game, which is sort of stopping me being ranked number 1 in odi's, and to confirm number 1 status (i seem to move up an down) in test level.

I constantly play Pakistan, Australia and South Africa. Rarely come up against Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe. Never played banglasdesh in a series.

jonny1408

School Boy/Girl Captain
i only played th trial version of icc3 but does it with all th other games only hav interruptions in unlimited overs games. because th same weather on limited overs games as unlimited overs games. In unlimited overs thr was interupptions but never in limited overs games

darko21

U19 Debutant
I also just throttled Zimbabwe into submission by an innings and 305 runs.

Just a query, anyone know anything on a young Australian player that has popped up called Abu Ahmed, playing for Assam in India? He is really going well but I dunno why he is Australian. I can't find any info on him and wondered if this was a mistake or the honest truth?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
After playing it for a while, I have to say, I really am enjoying this version of ICC. The graphics aren't "flash" and the black backgrounds and errors are annoying but I still get a kick out of seeing a bowler steam in in 3d and seeing a proper edge unlike the other ICC's where there seemed to be edges that didn't deviate or even seem to hit the bat.

I've also found outcomes more realistic, and tactics more challenging but also much better once players get settled in going on and whatnot.

However backfoot/frontfoot/offside preference etc when you're bowling seems to have less of an effect when trying to get a batsman out.

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
Can you play this without using the graphics engine? I've got an almost ancient videocard which can't really handle anything. So can I just skip the actual graphics?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Can you play this without using the graphics engine? I've got an almost ancient videocard which can't really handle anything. So can I just skip the actual graphics?
I believe you can basically turn highlights off completely which will bypass all of that really, and the animated background.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Is it just me or is this a bug I've noticed?

Because the International fixtures aren't generated until the start of the new season, and because the contracts date has been moved to immediately after the awards, the game can't tell who it is, out of the overseas players, who is going to be away on International duty.

Because of that, it checks back on the current season, and if you had the misfortune of having your player away, it won't let you extend his contract.

So it's a vicious cycle. Because you can't tell who's going to be away next season, you sign a player who's never available to you, and when you try to extend his contract, tying him up for the next season when he'll be available, the game doesn't let you, because it thinks he's going to be away next summer.

darko21

U19 Debutant
Getting to the end of my tether...

Firstly, Ryan Hinds is a gun in this version. Never seen performances like this from him before.

Batsman have a hard time getting hundreds in Tests for some reason (especially Aussies!)

The Australian database is bad. No decent bowlers exist. Lee, Bracken, Tait, Hilfenhaus, all average 40 in tests. No bowler is good in this game.

To prove my point, the 1st Test Match: Australia v West Indies. A few screenies to help you. West Indies set me a massive target to get in 1 and a half days.

Attachments

Stefano

School Boy/Girl Captain
This is my 7th season with Hampshire. I have won 5 county championships out of 6. I just had a first class match against Surrey. My batting lineup is simply awesome, so when Surrey captain won the toss he decided to FIELD!! Here is the final score

What would you do to your captain if...

- He decides to field
- The opponents score 600 runs
- You lose by one innings

???

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
got to say that despite being impressed with the new game it seems much more difficult then any of the previous versions, for instance when chasing fairly modest targets, in ODIs in particular my england side seem to struggle enormously despite the conditions being batting friendly...

iamdavid

International Debutant
When you get to the contracts screen at a start of a new season it dosent seem to let you terminate contracts of players already in your squad like you could before :blink: have they actually left this out or have I just not found how to do it :unsure:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
When you get to the contracts screen at a start of a new season it dosent seem to let you terminate contracts of players already in your squad like you could before :blink: have they actually left this out or have I just not found how to do it :unsure:
Didn't have a problem myself with that - remember you can only terminate contracts at the the very first stage, i.e. the one where you have no idea of the players released from the other sides.

hallmitchell

School Boy/Girl Captain
One thing I frustrating.

Is when playing international. It's hard to tell who's in form for last season when selecting.

When a season goes it shows first class players as only playing 2 games or whatever.

The previous versions had this spot on. This one doesn't.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Didn't have a problem myself with that - remember you can only terminate contracts at the the very first stage, i.e. the one where you have no idea of the players released from the other sides.
I can't see how you terminate them though, in the previous versions you clicked on current squad then on each player there was an option to terminate contract...I cant see it anymore....I've attatched a screen....can someone please tell me how to do it :wacko:

Attachments

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I can't see how you terminate them though, in the previous versions you clicked on current squad then on each player there was an option to terminate contract...I cant see it anymore....I've attatched a screen....can someone please tell me how to do it :wacko:
You're a stage too far advanced - as I said in the other post, its the very initial stage that allows you to terminate players. UNLESS - that is the first season, at which I don't believe you can terminate contracts at all.

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Gillespie is excellent! He can hit constant halfs and even centuries and he bowls really well. I'm suprised by it as well! If you want a good bowler, use Gillespie, he act more like an all rounder here.

The results seem a bit more accurate, I still just wish for Aussie State teams and other Nations! But this is a big improvment!