• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dropped Catches

Stefano

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hello, there.

I need some advice. I am playing a FULL GAME with Hampshire (ICC 2006). I am not playing badly, however my fielders tend to drop too many catches. I could have won some matches if my fielders had not missed some easy catches. What can I do in order to avoid them? Thanks

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Hello, there.

I need some advice. I am playing a FULL GAME with Hampshire (ICC 2006). I am not playing badly, however my fielders tend to drop too many catches. I could have won some matches if my fielders had not missed some easy catches. What can I do in order to avoid them? Thanks
I know of no sure fire way to improve fielding. There are so many dropped catches in ICC it isn't funny...but given the standard of international fielding these days maybe it is reflective.

In any case, it's annoying when it costs me games but sometimes we've won due to a large number of dropped catches by the opposing teams :D

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
I agree there tends to be quite a large number of dropped catches, but there probably aren't enough of them in the outfield.

martin24

Cricket Spectator
dont worry about dropped catches . . its when they direct hit for run outs 100% from the boundary i get annoyed!!!

OrsonWelles

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I hate the direct hits when the batsmen dont even put their bats down. And dropped catches happen because you dont have any training for fielding, which is another flaw.