• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

kent lad

Darren

Cricket Spectator
Sice u ingore my question can u please tell me how you are editing the database so i can do it myself plz

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
KentLad's last sign-on was yesterday at 2.45pm. That means he hasn't seen your question so cannot possibly have ignored it.

You come across as very rude and impatient in these two threads you have created nagging someone who has spent a massive amount of their own time in using an uncooperative, badly programmed and temperamental data editor to create a free database upgrade.

If you want to take your own chances with the data editor, there is an entire sticky thread here with a highly self-explanatory title that you've obviously never read.

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
Couldn't have said it much better Neil - thanks!

Yeah - feel free to read through the thread on how to edit the game and if you'd like to have a go then please go ahead and let us se the results!

Ta.

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
Neil - by the way,

I don't suppose there were any further advances with Magpie at all - like being able to edit the default squads, or assigning fielding abilities to wicket keepers?

Cheers.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Not touched it in over a year - far too much real life getting in the way now.

Oh for the days of being an undergraduate - when 8 hours' programming, which yielded one bug fix, one new feature and 13 new bugs, was a reasonable use of your time (the alternative being 8 hours of Champ Manager).

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
Those were the days eh!

Ok no worries, I think you mentioned once that the default squads can be hex-edited so maybe I'll have a little play and see what I can do...

cpr

International Coach
Oh for the days of being an undergraduate - when 8 hours' programming, which yielded one bug fix, one new feature and 13 new bugs, was a reasonable use of your time (the alternative being 8 hours of Champ Manager).
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Its funny because its true (sadly)

Thats what sundays are for though