• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Game

voidzer0

Cricket Spectator
Guys I'm new here, recently I made a stats based cricket game in vb6 for my project in college. I'm in the process of uploading it to streamload.com as I type this. It would be great if u guys could download, play it and let me know ur reaction to my effort...
To download, head over to streamload.com enter "abhisheksil" as username and "icc2003" as the password (without the quotes ofcourse ;-) ), once logged in to my account goto to inbox and download the 4files there ie. icc 2003.part1.... etc to part4. I dont think I have to tell u the rest...

James

Cricket Web Owner
Hi mate

If you'd like to zip all the files up as one you can then send me them via email along with a description of the game and a screenshot and I'll add it to the Downloads Centre.

You'll then have lots of people downloading your game :)

sean

School Boy/Girl Captain
Champ, I just downloaded the game, and all of the directories are pretty buggered. You have to install the game to c:\icc2002 and have \data directories and all to just run the game.

The install file defaults to C:\Program Files\Indian Cricket Captain 2003, so you'll have to rectify this somehow.

voidzer0

Cricket Spectator
Mistake Rectified ( I Hope ;-) )

I'm really sorry guys, seems I messed up bigtime... I'm working on it, hope to have ot rectified in an hour... :(

Installer Fixed!

I have uploaded to www.indiatimes.com
login / pass : voidzero
my briefcase
my game
download the 4 files

please rename the files to :

ICC2003InstallProgram.part1.exe

ICC2003InstallProgram.part2.rar

ICC2003InstallProgram.part3.rar

ICC2003InstallProgram.part4.rar

VbRunTimes.zip

Please make sure the filenames are as they appear above and also download and install vbruntimes if u dont have em...

[Edited on 6/12/2002 by voidzer0]

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
Well the streamload.com download server doesn't work (at least not working in my case). I'm trying to download it through indiatimes.com as I write this...

..Seems to be a huge game..

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
Well, I have played the game and my first impressions are..

1) Nice game but have lots of bugs still present.
2) Not complete (hopefully will be completed soon).
3) The developer worked all his attention on Interface and statistics.
4) Gameplay (or the user interaction with the game) needs to be improved.

Overall, great work but the download size is huge compared to such a small functionality implemented.

My suggesstion is please don't make the user download all the data and images again whenever you make the installer for the next version. Only provide the exe file and make use of the available data. Provide the database seperately if needed.

Well done and keep it up!

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
I know James...

...but its still huge for most of the dial up users specially in countries like India where the download speed gets painfully slow.

voidzer0

Cricket Spectator
Trying to reduce the size of my proggy

Guys thanx a ton for posting my game on your site, it is indeed a great honour. Well I'm from India, and I had been using dial-up since a long time and I know what sorry state the dial-up connection in India is, so I've been working very hard at reducing the size of my game, I'll post a reduced installer tomorrow...

As far as bugs in my game are concerned, please let me know exactly what is wrong, this game had undergone no testing other than what I have done myself, so please help me out.

Thanx for reviewing my game, I know it is not much yet. But I intend to work on it more as time permits, I've got my exams in a couple of days. I'll do some work on it after my exams... Please let me know if u guys have some ideas to improve my game...

Thanx a lot...

Abhishek

[_vo[ i ]d_zer0_]

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
Originally posted by bruiserbro
it doesn't work on my computer it says:

ActiveX component can't create object
This error may be because you don't have some components available on your machine which are used by the game. Probably, because you don't have VB installed (in most cases) or Runtimes missing.

QuickFire

U19 12th Man
The following are the bugs I found after playing the game about 4-5 times:

1) Can't play the game more than once without restarting it.

2) While playing India v N.Zealand, the bowler names on the bowling card appear incorrect or don't appear at all.

3) Sometimes, it gives error message while selecting a bowler from the drop down menu and failing to do so.