• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Management Simulator

dbest

Cricket Spectator
Am planning to develop a text-based Cricket management simulator to be used in
play by email games. Each team will be represented by a roster and before a game is played, the manager have to send in their teamsheets with the teams to the
game admin.

The rosters contain player stats such as batting average, strike rate, bowling average and strike rate.

The teamsheet will contain the batting and bowling orders sent by the managers for each game.

The game engine will then simulate the match and a report file will be generated.

Am using C++ to code and this game. Currently am working on tweaking the algorithms to generate wickets and runs. Also need to add some commentary lines, and a few more additional features as fielding stats.

A sample over report is shown below:
First Innings
-------------
Bowling from the Pavillion End is J_Veron
Opening Batsmen are Carlos & Marlos

0.1, J_Veron to Carlos 2 runs scored

0.2, J_Veron to Carlos 2 runs scored

0.3, J_Veron to Carlos 0 runs scored

0.4, J_Veron to Carlos 1 runs scored

0.5, J_Veron to Marlos 0 runs scored

0.6, J_Veron to Marlos 1 runs scored
End of Over 1
pak - 6/0 RunRate = 6.00
J_Veron 6-0

Hopefully the game will be out before the end of June 07.

dbest

Cricket Spectator
Should release the first stable version by the end of May. Since am working on it part time. Its a learn as I go project.

Am gonna work on conditionals, then roster/squad updations and a league table generator.

Once that is all ready, I shall run a test league with 10 teams, before the game will be released so that any one can run a PBEM cricket management league.

dbest

Cricket Spectator
Sorry guys, I just did not get much time to work on the game. Shall have a look at the code in January 08... Maybe June 08 seems like a nice deadline then.. hehe..
Will keep you guys posted.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Sorry guys, I just did not get much time to work on the game. Shall have a look at the code in January 08... Maybe June 08 seems like a nice deadline then.. hehe..
Will keep you guys posted.
Good sign

dbest

Cricket Spectator
Hey all,

Its been like ages since I have been online on the forum. I have recently started working on the game again. I am migrating the code to C#, so once I complete the migration I will probably be at where I was with this game before I left it.

Just thought I should let you guys know about this. Once I have some progress, I shall let you guys know.

Untill the next time.

Cheers,
Andy

dbest

Cricket Spectator
A quick update, the code to read all the required files has now been migrated. I have hardcoded the bowling logic for now and simulated the overs. The logic for the runs and the wickets needs to be ported. If I manage to get some free time over this week, I should have the game back to where it was by the end of this week.

dbest

Cricket Spectator
The week deadline seemed too tight, considering that I pretty lazy. Finally decided to get working on the game today and managed to port a few more items:

1. New batsman coming in is now completed
2. Game Summary has been completed, by which i mean the scoreboard.
3. Match ending logic is now complete

Next on, I will take a look at the bowlers as I had hard-coded that.
Will look at the orders after that and finally the commentary.

dbest

Cricket Spectator
Thanks mate. I thought no one ever looked at the topic. :)

Bowlers and commentary should be done tonight, if I find some time.

dbest

Cricket Spectator
Commentary file is now being read by the code. I need to incorporate it into the main program, which should take a lot of time. I think in about 7 more days, the game should have been completely ported. I will then need a few guys to test the game and help me with the run scoring algorithm.