• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Details on International Cricket Captain - World Cup Year 2007 released

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If the highlights are actually motion captured, as it suggests they will be, that will be a substantial change.

darko21

U19 Debutant
Well, it seems... nice. It seems nice.

Someone, help me here. Any real jumps in gameplay since the first installment?

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
It really annoys me how they expect people to shill out money year after year for the same thing with a data update.

How hard could it really be to implement, at the very least, the Australian domestic teams. Yet they don't do it. There are still huge gameplay holes, bowlers averaging fifteen in test cricket, few sixes. Still, they haven't fixed them when they've been a problem for years.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
My guess is that it is very hard to implement much without the funding etc.

Hence there's no changes to the game play or anything.

Mind you I'm not a programmer so wouldn't know how easy it would be to in effect rewrite huge parts of a game in my spare time...

cpr

International Coach

Hence there's no changes to the game play or anything.

Mind you I'm not a programmer so wouldn't know how easy it would be to in effect rewrite huge parts of a game in my spare time...
Fair point, but there charging a good £20 for ICC 2006, and they've financed a 3D graphic thingy.... Surely instead of working on redoing the graphics side, they could've tweaked the match engine?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Maybe the problem is that the actual uptake is so low that they can't afford to make any significant changes?

I know I've not bought one for a long time as I don't have the time to play it any more.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Just don't buy the game then...

Also, you'd be complaining if they hadn't released even a database update since ICC 2005.

Dash

Cricket Spectator
marc71178 said:
Taking a look at Companies House records would suggest otherwise Marc. Childish had a turnover of £75,000 in the year up to 30th April 06, with a profit of over £30,000.

I guess theres no demand for them to add stuff if they can bring home that sum without any effort on a yearly basis :ph34r:

cpr

International Coach
Maybe the problem is that the actual uptake is so low that they can't afford to make any significant changes?

I dont think they would be significant changes, just a bit of tidying up on the match engine. In comparision from reworking the match graphics from scratch i reckon it would have cost less and been quicker. If the game play was tidied up even a bit i'd consider buying it, but as i never use the match highlights anyway, its really not worth it

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
Meh, doubt i'll get it, unless it turns up on ebay for a couple of quid. I bought the 2006 ashes edition, first one I purchased since icc 2002. The match engine has slightly improved, far too many low scores on the old ones.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
While I'm optimistic about the game and love the ICC series, I'm a bit concerned about the lack of screenshots and detailed information only 9 days away from the release date.

The ChildishThings website is still ICC 2006.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I've just checked with my source and it will be released in July now and straight from the horses mouth:

It will have a new engine powering it and will look stunning.
It will also have a 3D element to it too and for the first time it will be available on PS2 and PSP as well as PC.