• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket + Wii = Gold.

JennifARGH

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Unlikely, but a girl can dream, right?

Seriously, it needs to be done. That is if people aren't stupid enough to let go of the remote while bowling.

Want to see a newspaper headline about Brett Lee killing someone by throwing a Wii-mote into their head? Cricket game on the Nintendo Wii. Discuss, forumites!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Wii is the perfect console for cricket, i would be tempted to buy one if a good quality cricket game came out on it.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Id love too see it happen, problem is those all too competetive would get mardy and smash something,

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Wii is perfect for a cricket game, I really hope they do develop one.

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
I can imagine some stupid noggin bowling the Wii controller, and yet this makes the idea of cricket on Wii a good one.

azzaz

Cricket Spectator
They should definatley make a cricket game for teh same, it would be pretty easy ti implement jus press a btton for forward/back shots or it mitr even b able to sense it. Madden NFL works so well on it and it's such an addictive game, I'm sure a cricket game would be equally sucessful.

matty_j

Cricket Spectator
Being a proud owner of a Wii, and a cricket fanatic, I'd love to see such a game come out too.

And when your sides bowling, you could choose to be bowling or fielding (i.e. different movements whilst holding Wii remote will result in fielding the ball - i.e. field as wicketkeeper - crouching whilst holding the wii remote, you could move to the direction of the ball approaching you and catch it.

Yeah, I'm dreaming:laugh:

grandall

Cricket Spectator
Wii plus Cricket and the Mac

As the author of the Cricket game on the Mac, I am already on the lookout for a Mac version of Wii. To me this is the natural evolution of the game and puts back a lot of the missing dimension. If anyone knows of a Mac-compatible device I would really like to know.

Dydl

International Debutant
Don't know about any Mac-compatible devices, can't help you there.

www.wiiwantcricket.com has just put up a teaser trailer, quite good actually.

They haven't developed a site yet, but it's in the making.

Smarty boy

Cricket Spectator
yes

I agree. If you play cricket on the wii it's like your playing cricket for real. But i don't think Nintendo will let it out on the wii.