• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

TEST MATCH

PRIME TIME

Cricket Spectator
Do you remember that old cricket board game Test Match, that was a sweet game, i think that a new and improved version of that game should be released, if anyone has any good ideas for the game please reply and let me know.

Lach

School Boy/Girl Captain
have the playing field made of something solid and not that stupid felt stuff that crinkles and dosent let the ball roll

apart from that, its a pretty grouse game

Michael

Cricket Spectator
We used to have some cool games together hey Primetime, only problem was all the hills on yours :P

sean

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeah that felt **** was crap! Had to continuosly iron it...oh and the boundary markers were ****ed to cos they broke all the time.

Why cant everyones set be like the little pricks on the box with their baggy greens and perfectly flat surface :(!

PRIME TIME

Cricket Spectator
Yeah Michael we did have some mad matches.

That idea about the hard surface and the boundarie thingys is good coz mine are broken aswell, and the felt was hell crap coz i went to iron it and i didnt put anything over it and the iron burnt through it.

PRIME TIME

Cricket Spectator
Oh yeah dont worry about those little prix on the cover, they get theirs, oh yes they will get theirs!!!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I had it, and remember when my little brother was about 5 one xmas, he swallowed one of the balls!

LOL, my Gran made him use a potty for a few days, and actually tried to find the ball when he'd done the deed!

I still have it actually (except there's one ball missing! :)

Lach

School Boy/Girl Captain
i reckon bowling was the best fun cos ya could use the wrinkles to ur advantage and really annoy ur opponent. Batting was sometimes not a lot of fun because of the wrinkles in the field and also if ya have a crap bowler who dosent put enough power into the bowl, it just stops in the middle.

[Edited on 1/3/02 by Lach]

Lach

School Boy/Girl Captain
ummm probably. its a classic, up there with monopoly, scrabble and trivial pursuit ;)

try toys r us or something??

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
When I Played my mate I used to slip in the odd beamer by slamming down on the bowler, much harder to bat against if on target, but a bit dangerous at times, and before long my bowler needed surgery to work. He now has a screw in his stomach!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah this game is still going strong in fact they have also released a Ode day version where u can paint the uniforms to what colour you want......

I also had the scoreboard for the original and the little black west Indian men......
had some great matches

Lach

School Boy/Girl Captain
i was talkin to a mate who owns a toyworld and he tried to get it but nobody makes it any more :cry:

sean

School Boy/Girl Captain
Why would they ditch it! Spend hours with a ball bearing .... what else could make you do that :(.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I saw it myself in target the other day as well as in the toys r us catalougue........