• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BLIC07 Fact List

RIPPA MATE

Cricket Spectator
Ok i decided ill put the fact list i made up which is on codies and put it here on Cricket web....

1. available for the Xbox 360, PC, and Play-Station 2
2. will deliver with online competitive play on PC (LAN and online) and Xbox Live.
3. game will include official ICC Cricket World Cup content, meaning that hundreds of the world's top cricketers will be fully licensed.
4. includes an ICC Champions Trophy competition and exhibition Tests or One-Day matches and exciting 20-over run fests and 1 day test matches.
5. improved, including batting, bowling, and fielding
6. Player likenesses will now be photo-realistic. Hundreds of real player likenesses are being modeled in high detail, complete with animated facial expressions to capture the intensity and emotion of international cricket.
7. Stadia, including all eight official World Cup venues, are also being created with a new level of textured detail and will make use of proprietary shader technology for realistic, subtle and changing lighting effects, such as time of day and weather.
8. possible release Date - March 2007
9. the game will lead with a dedicated ICC Cricket World Cup 2007 mode featuring all the official teams, stadia, kits and equipment of the tournament.
10. batting play will see the introduction of subtle edges, sweep-shots and the ability to use your feet to dance down wicket and smash the ball over the boundary for six.
11. Bowling will see improved set of delivery types, thanks to changes in the way the ball swings in the air and reacts off the pitch. We will see huge variation of spinning deliveries raw pace and even reverse swing as the ball degrades.
12. In Fielding, there’s a new reflex-testing slip catch system and players can now be run out at both ends and be stumped by alert wicket keepers.
13. Can generate innings
14. Able to run out the computers
15. Licenses have NOT been secured outside the world cup and champions trophy, so we will still be seeing dud names.
16. There is no power - play rule to be implemented in the game.

I will update

post any info (with proff) thats missing and ill update

RM

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Just found my 2007 wish list that I made at the start of the year -

Robertinho said:
- AI with more intelligent field settings & bowling options
- Bowlers being fatigued by long spells
- AI takes runs when available
- Sixes harder to hit/Slogging more difficult
- 'Generate innings' or 'autoplay' to be introduced
- Able to charge down the pitch
- Batting and bowling becoming much harder
- Tailenders harder to get out
- The whole "speed" debacle to be sorted
- More career players allowed, able to bowl fast
Generate innings & charging down the pitch included...

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
Robertinho said:
Just found my 2007 wish list that I made at the start of the year -

Generate innings & charging down the pitch included...
Not the second one but you might be in luck on the rest ;)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Ahem...
RIPPA MATE said:
10. batting play will see the introduction of subtle edges, sweep-shots and the ability to use your feet to dance down wicket and smash the ball over the boundary for six.

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
Doesn't say it will be easy and advancing down the wicket will only be available when there is full batter confidence.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
barmyarmy said:
Doesn't say it will be easy and advancing down the wicket will only be available when there is full batter confidence.
So? You can still charge down the wicket...

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, yes, and? You said "the second one" hadn't been included, but it clearly has, now I have no idea what you're talking about...

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
- AI with more intelligent field settings & bowling options
- Bowlers being fatigued by long spells
- AI takes runs when available
- Sixes harder to hit/Slogging more difficult
- 'Generate innings' or 'autoplay' to be introduced
- Able to charge down the pitch
- Batting and bowling becoming much harder
- Tailenders harder to get out
- The whole "speed" debacle to be sorted
- More career players allowed, able to bowl fast
Sorry I was referring to the big list you posted (above).
Of the list number 2 (bowlers being fatigued) will not be in the game however all the rest will more or less.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Any reason why bowler's fatigue isn't being included? It kinds of ruins the realism of the game, and the algorithm to model it (even just generically for "pace" and "spin") surely can't be that hard? Even if its just confidence ebbing and then flatlining after a set number of overs. As it is, you really only need two, or three bowlers tops, and just bowl 40 over spells with Akhtar.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Any rumours on any new classic players or matches? Here's hoping the 2nd Test from last year's Ashes is included and Ambrose, Donald, Hadlee, and Kapil Dev.

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
Matt79 said:
Any rumours on any new classic players or matches? Here's hoping the 2nd Test from last year's Ashes is included and Ambrose, Donald, Hadlee, and Kapil Dev.
We didn't ask but I'd have thought there might be licensing issues with that as EA definitely have the Ashes license.
WRT bowler fatigue, it's only an issue if you choose to over-bowl players yourself; the computer will change their bowlers based on other factor in 7/8 over spells.

Matt79

Global Moderator
So that's changed from the 05 game? Because I remember getting distinctly narked off at the 20 over spells from their opening bowlers - especially as they were going for 6 an over.

Matt79

Global Moderator
I hope there are more classic players. Building different teams was one of my favourite bits of the old game.

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
Matt79 said:
So that's changed from the 05 game? Because I remember getting distinctly narked off at the 20 over spells from their opening bowlers - especially as they were going for 6 an over.
It's dependant on how long the spell is and bowler confidence so it's possible to hit a bowler out of the attack.