• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is BLIC/RPIC 07 coming out on the original Xbox?

Matt79

Global Moderator
There's been no mention of it on anything I've seen, just the PC, PS2 and XBOX 360 versions. If they're putting out a PS2 version, its obviously not that they're unwilling to compromise on graphics etc.

I really don't want to shell out the dough to upgrade, especially as it seems the XBOX 360 isn't compatible with the old model's games.

Is this what I get for going with a Microsoft product - of course, they're no longer supporting their older model!

James

Cricket Web Owner
They say in the media release:

Codemasters said:
Prepare for cricket fever to grip the nation once again when the ICC Cricket World Cup 2007 begins and Brian Lara International Cricket 2007 returns in March 2007 for Xbox 360, PC and PlayStation 2.
So I presume not.

rubbergenius

Codemasters Community Liaison Manager
Matt79 said:
i saw that - i hoped it was an error. that sucks
Hi all - we're not doing an Xbox version because the sales for Xbox games are so low nowadays - less than 2% of software sales now (in the UK), and by the time the game is out it'll be much lower of course.

It's partly down to the support MS gives for Xbox games being very small now and as such, the userbase for the console has lowered to such an extent that we'd be losing money on the Xbox game no matter what if we did a version for that console.

We know it'll annoy some people but we have to think of the money side of it - we're a business after all.

:)

Matt79

Global Moderator
Wow, I'm impressed Codemasters have a liaison guy reading this board - that's really cool. (And I don't think I've been rude about you guys anywhere, just Microsoft! :) )

I'm surprised about the Xbox having shrunk so quickly - there are a fair few of them around and I would have thought the 360 was still too expensive for a lot of people to upgrade (I know its too pricey for me). The PS One and N64 seemed to be around for years after the PS2 and Xbox came out.

Thanks for the response, and if somehow it became profitable I'd love it if you do it - i love RPIC 05

rubbergenius

Codemasters Community Liaison Manager
Cameron-Moss said:
Erm... I think it might do what GTA does which is bring it out on X-Box later that year or maybe next year. :-)
No - there's going to be no Xbox version at all. Sadly, in my case, as I've still got an Xbox at home...