• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Life 2007 Announced

Langeveldt

Soutie
The Baconator said:
There's a game called Soccer Life that's knocking around ATM, no idea if it's the same developers or not but it could be a big indication to what it'll be like if it is the same.
Nope, different developer, different platform as well

darko21

U19 Debutant
This is a concept I have wanted some developers to release for some time I remember a game called Cricket Playe Manager or something and it was very basic with career decisions to make. I hope this works and it comes to Australia!

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
lord_of_darkness said:
Sounds good.. but sounds really hyped up before the release !!
Twas ever thus.
In the same way we'll all get really excited again about c2k7 and BLIC2007. It just makes the disappointment all the more crushing...

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
looking at the screenshots..it looks like one...reminds me very much of Cricket Master :o

Timewell

U19 Debutant
Kweek said:
looking at the screenshots..it looks like one...reminds me very much of Cricket Master :o
It's exactly the same font as Cricket Master with the same graphics, layout etc. Surprised? Not really.

vaas80

Cricket Spectator
...I posted this on planetcricket for the developers to answer

...I posted the following on planetcricket.net in questions for the developer....

Hi,

I came across Cricket Life and at first look I thought to myself this is going to be an amazing game and I will buy this for sure!!
However, there are a few things I am very skeptical about as you guys move so close to your release as stated....

1) You released screenshots of the game, but they were of 3d stadiums.
What insight into the game were you trying to achieve to give to your potential buyers by doing this?? or what were you actually trying to achieve??

3d Stadiums are nothing new, cricket games of 10 years ago have included 3d looking stadiums.
Which brings me on to the reason why you would even bother trying to develop a game like this in 3d. You've spent 8 months in development (probably trying to replicate cricket 97 stadiums) when you could of spent more time developing gameplay (which of course I can't really comment on yet). With a game like this, i'm sure all you need is 2d overview graphics as seen in ICC or Cricket Coach...my opion is you might be biting off more than you can chew with the whole 3d thing and if your aim was to "blow away" your potential buyers by releasing "3d graphics" than you've failed with me.

Oh and thankyou for letting us know the award ceremony will be in 3d...awesome, I always love my award cermonies in 3D.

2) I came across a game on Cricketweb.net called "Cricket Player Manager". My question is did one of you guys create the game??
The game was made in 2000 and basically has exactly the same features as your game bar the "3d graphics". Mind you, "Cricket Player Manager" looks very poorly developed, but hey its a fun addictive game and the ideas were very ground breaking. If you didn't develop this game, then your game isn't "the first-of-its-kind"....you are simply using the ideas of "Cricket Player Manager", there are also 2 other games based on this game and so therefore your game becomes "the fourth-of-its-kind".

3) "2000 user-playable cricketers"....but you have no licenses for the names right??? i don't understand.

4) A contest to win "mp3 players, Playstation 2". What, you guys are going to purchase "mp3 players" and "playstation 2's" and give them away if we can correctly tell you how many screenshots are going to be in your next release? or will it be overcast or fine in your next exciting 3d stadium release? I mean come on, are you guys really serious?? Do you have contracts with Sony for this marketing campaign? and what whats with your stupid question to win a prize? ...I find this very weird...and hope this whole game isn't a hoax.

5) The screenshot of the game looks very very amateur...i'm just telling the truth. The game honestly looks to be developed by year 12 students for there final exams or something. I get the impression you have spent 15mins per day on gameplay and spent 3 hours per day re-creating cricket 97 stadiums and making fancy flash creations for your website. This does not look professional at all and i wouldn't be so critically about this but you are going to SELL this game right (and soooonn)?? and at this stage it looks no better than a freeware game (now I'm all for encouraging amateur developers...but its a different story when you are selling something in the real world). I just hope you guys can prove me wrong?? I really sense there might be a lot of people that are going to be unhappy (people that may have been sucked in by your fancy flash creations and feature lists rather than actual screenshots and the way you have gone about your campaigns..etc)

I hope you can answer some of my points and clear a few things up for me.

Vaas

cricketer_mars

Cricket Spectator
Seems to be a nice place to discuss the games and this game does look decent with lot of new features.

Vaas80, seems that you took a very looong time to just write your long list of complaints, rather than clarifying doubts or asking questions.
Anyways, most of your questions make no sense as it is explained either at their forums or by other members here and in other websites.

I like your suggestion on spending more time on 2D gameplay, may be you should email or request them to include you in their development team to give more such 'great' ideas! :) just kidding

they are a game development firm, and they neither need my recommendations to develop a game nor yours. certainly they do know where to spend time and what features need to be included

and yes, nobody's forcing you or myself to buy their game.

cheers!

Last edited:

vaas80

Cricket Spectator
I don't quite understand what ur getting at AussieDominance but congratulations on your 1000th post none the less.

As noted above my post cricket_mars, I mention that I submitted those questions to the developers via a forum on planetcricket.net.
My questions are very critical because I don't want to see people being ripped off - this is a company that is spending lots of time marketing and little time putting together a quality product (look at the crappy screenshots to know what I mean). Although based in Canada, it is most likely they outsource programming labour to certain countries (I am often against this practice because the programmers are usually under payed)....if you look at the quality between the screenshots you may understand what I mean.

We both have the freedom whether or not we want to purchase the game and we both have the freedom to express whatever views we may both have. I hope that some people may take on board what I am saying and also be skeptical because we are the ones that hold the money that they want.

"and yes, nobody's forcing you or myself to buy their game." - The powers of marketing can be quite strong :)

I would also remain cautious of the competitions they are running. Most contests require rules and chances to be published and are often associated with an attorney or solicitor....I doubt all has been arranged properly.

....dunno...maybe i'm just a "bored cricket game loving law student", but i will be looking at all this closely....and I await a response from my questions on the planetcricket.net forum.

...oh and don't worry, it hasn't taken more than 5mins to write each of these posts - I just write very fast :)

Vaas

Last edited: