• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tailend Partnerships

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Particularly satisfying effort today on Test level. England had bowled the World XI out for 109, Harmison and Pickup taking five wickets apiece, but hadn't made the best of their reply, sliding to 212-9 when Pickup nicked MacGarth to Gelchrast.

Enter Steve Harmison, partnering Ian Bell for possibly the greatest last-wicket stand of all time. Bell made 157, his hundred coming up off 88 balls before opening his shoulders a little more, whilst Harmison hung around at the other end, picking off the loose balls when he found them. I had one of the most nerve-wracking spells I've had playing the game with Big Steve on 99*, taking 13 balls before driving Pollock through mid-on for four to bring up a 106-ball ton. Harmison struck a four and a six afterwards to take him to 113*, before Bell snicked Hermason through to the keeper, ending the England innings on 477, and the partnership at 265.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Neil Pickup said:
Particularly satisfying effort today on Test level. England had bowled the World XI out for 109, Harmison and Pickup taking five wickets apiece, but hadn't made the best of their reply, sliding to 212-9 when Pickup nicked MacGarth to Gelchrast.

Enter Steve Harmison, partnering Ian Bell for possibly the greatest last-wicket stand of all time. Bell made 157, his hundred coming up off 88 balls before opening his shoulders a little more, whilst Harmison hung around at the other end, picking off the loose balls when he found them. I had one of the most nerve-wracking spells I've had playing the game with Big Steve on 99*, taking 13 balls before driving Pollock through mid-on for four to bring up a 106-ball ton. Harmison struck a four and a six afterwards to take him to 113*, before Bell snicked Hermason through to the keeper, ending the England innings on 477, and the partnership at 265.
MacGrith*

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:-O

Solid. Have a bit of difficulty batting with the tailenders myself, although the stupid fields the computer sets certainly helps. Normally by the time number 11 is in, I just want to get it over with and have a bowl, so I'll just go for a slog, so I've never got that close to a century from a number 11 (hit one with Warne though I think). Good effort though, and good to see I'm not the only one who has created myself in the game (although I'm an opening bat in mine--can always dream).

Hoggy31

International Captain
Borcich used to open the batting and then bowl some li'l straighteners to the left handers.