• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players from classic matches

Matt79

Global Moderator
Is there any way to access the players from the classic matches for selection in your custom squads. ie Larwood from the Bodyline game, Wes Hall from the Tied Test, (and Nash from Sobers' 6 6s :) ) ?

Also, is there anyway to access the World Cup squads for the same purpose, so you could include the players that have gone since then?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You can only access those classic players that you can unlock, so no Nash, Hall or Larwood. Likewise, I don't think you can access the World Cup squads either.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
There might be some way to fiddle about with things to use those players, I think BarmyArmy is the most likely to know on these forums.

Matt79

Global Moderator
seems a pity given they've gone to the trouble, and have used up memory etc, of having those players simulated and included in the games. It would also be nice if you could play exhibition games with world cup squads... something for rpic 2007 i guess

pasag

RTDAS
Abit OT but I'm sure Matt wont mind. Far out, I need help here, I've done all the classic matches quite easily playing for both sides, although the Sobers one was a little tricky but I'm up to the very last one, the WI Eng 2004 CT final, playing the WIs and it's downright impossible. I've tried a heap of times and I just can't manage the 80 or so to win. This is killing me, any tips?

PhoenixFire

International Coach
That was probably my favourite thing in 2005, the challenge where you had to beat the Classic XI in Tests, and I could never quite manage it on Test mode. I found that the only way you could get the decent batsman out, was to angle it across their body, and hope they edged it onto their stumps. If you let the confidence up, you could be there for ages, and you wouldn't get them out.

Ash_A55

U19 Captain
One of the players in a classic match is a coach at our club, not sure which match. his name is M.Smedley played for England