• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International Cricket Captain 2001

James

Cricket Web Owner
What did you think of International Cricket Captain 2001? Here's the place to post your thoughts.

What would you rate it out of ten and would you recommend it to other cricket fans?

You don't need to be a member to post but we still recommend you join our forum, it's well worth it and it means you can participate in our many other discussions.

Yours in Cricket

James.

[Edited on 12/26/01 by Lach]

G

ICC 2001 is good. However there are some minor issues with it ie. Reiffel and co. still getting picked for Australia, as well as Katich and Hussey who dont play test cricket. There are some other database errors.

Also you should be able to play as Banglasdesh. It should incorporate the ICC 10 year plan and have world cup and ICC trophy every 4 years. Also when on tour you should play against "A" sides and Selective XI eg President's XI.

Also an editor would be nice so you can make updates.

Cybersmurf

U19 Cricketer
10/10, no one should give it any less. the only prob is the icons eg, bowling, batting, are quite often wrong

Cybersmurf

U19 Cricketer
10/10, no one should give it any less. the only prob is the icons eg, bowling, batting, are quite often wrong

Dingo

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
there cannot b an editor as it would ruin the online game
That is the most stupid reason I have ever heard for not making an editor for a game. Think of how many people would own a copy of the game. Then think of how many people who play online. Less than 5% would play online. Encrypting the database so that 5% of users can be assured they won't be subjected to "cheating" is stupid.

I will never buy another Empire product again (so what if they aren't bringing out any more in the ICC series?)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
If you look at the number of teams on the online server i think it's quite right there's no editor!

Andrew_leg_break_bowler

Cricket Spectator
I have a normal game I bought!!I click on network game then it downloads the update i choose the team then type my team name and it says registering team but i left it for 3 hours once and it said it was still registering my team!!! can u help??

Cybersmurf

U19 Cricketer
no sorry i can't, i will try some people to help u out cos i don't remember that long ago when i registered my team, sorry again

Cybersmurf

U19 Cricketer
umm, wat bla bla?, u just connect onto the net and then get into the game and then goto Network Game and it should give u step by step intructions

Andrew_leg_break_bowler

Cricket Spectator
yeh but the problem is it doesn't download the patch properly!!!And then after i selact my team and type the name of my team it just stays on registering team on ICC2001 server!!!!But like i said before it doesn't sownload the patch properly!!!! :O

Cybersmurf

U19 Cricketer
this is wat happened to me with the patch, cos i am real stupid, it went into the patch message which sed something like download patch and i pressed the button at the bottom which sed cancel, cos i didn't see wat it sed, i thought it sed ok and it didn't start yet, lol