• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International Cricket Captain 2001

Chris

Cricket Spectator
If you look at the number of teams on the online server i think it's quite right there's no editor!
THis isn't a valid reason for not having an editor. It's not beyond the whit of the programmers to block hacked teams from taking part in the online game. Previous versions of ICC had editors and edited teams could not be entered into the online hall of fame.

Give us an editor so that we can produce our own updates and customise the game - not all of us want to compete online.

CricketGames.com

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
This subject comes up a lot on the CricketGames.com forum! As a developer on the ICC series I can give you the definitive answers why there is no editor.

Firstly though ICC and ICC 2 which have unofficial editors are not playable on-line. There are no editors official or unofficial for any version of ICC that can be played on-line.

There is no editor for ICC 2000+ for the following:

1) There is no editor available to distribute. Everyone seems to think there is a magical internal secret editor that could be released. That is not the case. The procedure for creating databases is quite complex using 4 different programs and data in text files from numerous sources that are all combined together.

2) It would spoil the on-line game as has already been mentioned.

3) Empire don't want to release an editor and as they own the game it is their call. For 2001 & 2002 both myself and Chris Child suggested an editor but Empire would not pay for its development.

Daniel.