• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC 2006 Available for Pre-Ordering

Haddin

U19 Debutant
Whats the point?! Who cares if theres updated databases, its boring after a while. Get some new features...Like MORE DOMESTIC TEAMS. Empire can really learn a thing or to from Cricket Coach. NO, Not the bugs either. You all know what I mean.

Dravid

International Captain
It's not boring to me. I still play the game every now and then. But I do agree with you, they need to get new features in the game. They can't keep on making new versions of the game with only updated database. I think another domestic country should be added(Australia, India maybe).

I'm hoping Power play is added and they didn't add supersub.

Also if Pathan sucks in this game Im going to go to the Emire office and throw the CD at their face...I was annoyed as hell to find that Pathan sucks in 2005

James

Cricket Web Owner
LongHopCassidy said:
Are there any new features or facets being trumpeted, James?
Nope, this version is only an updated database.

Expect to see new features, etc in ICC 2007.

cpr

International Coach
James said:
Nope, this version is only an updated database.

Expect to see new features, etc in ICC 2007.

Expect to see me paying for it in 2007 then. I'm happy with the 2005 database untill then. This is painfully arrogant business from Empire, especially when its a game with a much smaller audience than other sports games, and for the size of its fanbase, its very vocal.

Much as i've grown up on ICC and still love it, i've got a feelign Cricket Coach will drag us away.

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
Dravid said:
It's not boring to me. I still play the game every now and then. But I do agree with you, they need to get new features in the game. They can't keep on making new versions of the game with only updated database. I think another domestic country should be added(Australia, India maybe).

I'm hoping Power play is added and they didn't add supersub.

Also if Pathan sucks in this game Im going to go to the Emire office and throw the CD at their face...I was annoyed as hell to find that Pathan sucks in 2005
he's not the only one,shane bond sux in the game to

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
I know that this is only going to basically be a data update but I hope that they've updated the following - otherwise there will be little point in getting it:

1. Made Zimbabwe only play one-dayers.
2. Made players like Streak/Taibu not available for international cricket.
3. Ensured that the game continues to generate Kolpak players in future years.
4. Altered domestic layout of competitions to include Ireland & Scotland in C&G Trophy, and changed the 45 over competition to "Pro 40" with just 40 overs a side with each team playing the other only once.
5. Ireland and Scotland should also be given the option to get 2 overseas players.
6. With the World Cup lineup now complete, the correct teams should appear in this when the game gets to 2007.
7. Players like Warne should be shown as retired from One Day Cricket.
8. Powerplays should be available in ODIs.
9. More Twenty20 internationals should be played (not just the one in England in the middle of the season).
10. Inclusion of ICC Trophy and ICC Champions Trophy (unlikely!)
11. An accurate database of players including all current (2006) squad members for each county - with the correct overseas players at the relevant counties, and all players who retired or left their county in 2005 being removed.
12. Updated contracted England players listing. You should also be allowed to amend this yourself every year.

I think that would entice me into shelling out AGAIN for the game...even though they did blatantly lie about saying the previous game would be updated and put online! Surely if you bought the 2005 version you should at least get a discount for the 2006 attempt?!

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
After yesterday's announcement, I really hope Mohammad Yousuf is not at Derbyshire in the game. That's the sort of thing that really bugged me with the 2005 version - ie with Nantie Hayward at Middlesex!

chris.hinton

International Captain
What a Rip off £30 for a updata game when they could have released it on the internet........ you mugs will buy it but i wont...... but they lovely guys from Empire will provide get Customer Service

No they wont..... so lads when you see coultless bugs dont moan

surgeklick

Cricket Spectator
How can he check his facts? I've not heard anything other than ICC2006 being the data update we were promised. Maybe if the communication bewtween the developers and the fans was up to scratch people wouldn't be speculating so much.