• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

how rubbish is cricket 2005

Moon monkey

Cricket Spectator
It does have all the statistics and players and teams which Brian Lara doesn't but the gameplay on Cricket 2005 is pretty bad, it's too difficult to bat. Fix the gameplay for the future and it will be very good. It worked with EA rugby

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
Well if you have it on PC, it becomes more playable with patching.
You just need a decent AI patch and a roster with reduced player speeds etc

Tobie

Cricket Spectator
I find the graphics in Cricket 05 very good even without patches - way better than BLIC/RPIC i think that c2005 should make batting and bowling so its not to hard or to easy i think BLIC/RPIC is too easy being able to make 400 in 20 overs and then bowl england out for 32 isnt realistic enough

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
Tobie said:
I find the graphics in Cricket 05 very good even without patches - way better than BLIC/RPIC i think that c2005 should make batting and bowling so its not to hard or to easy i think BLIC/RPIC is too easy being able to make 400 in 20 overs and then bowl england out for 32 isnt realistic enough
They look too much like rugby players to me!
Real faces and bats improves it immensely though.

Tobie

Cricket Spectator
barmyarmy said:
They look too much like rugby players to me!
Real faces and bats improves it immensely though.
I Think the faces are quite good but body shapes should be different and they do look like rugby players too in the body i think lol :laugh:

Gilli_cheat

Cricket Spectator
Create Players -needing Help

:mellow: I have created a player ,for example,I have created a player Suresh Raina in Indian team. I had adjusted the skin colour and saved in roster.
While playing with him, I surprised to see his skin looking very black....

Then, I created another player and adjusted his skin tone to more white(like Australian)
and the same thing happens during Gameplay..
This is happening in case of other created players...I do not observe any change when I was editing the face...

What's wrong...?What should I do to get the correct skin colour in gameplay...?:blink:

crickhowell

U19 Vice-Captain
Yeah I had a similar problem, my created players noses would become massively wide during gameplay but everything else was as I had edited it.

kuttakumar

Cricket Spectator
The game is rubish. Sixes can only be hit on straight drives and on drives. Anyway, as Collin said it a descent AI patch makes it more interesting

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
kuttakumar said:
The game is rubish. Sixes can only be hit on straight drives and on drives. Anyway, as Collin said it a descent AI patch makes it more interesting
you can hit sixes?