• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pinchy81 presents A Middlesex story

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
reading other peoples storys on this forum i decided to make a story of my own so here it is
the first thing i did as manager of middlesex was buy a youth player anthoney marwood right hand bat right arm medium fast second team averages batting: 53.50 bowling: 32:50

first match: 17 april national league match v nottinghamshire
my team: 1.E.Smith 2.A.Strauss 3.O.Shah 4.E.Joyce 5.J.Dalrymple 6.S.Styris 7.B.Hutton(c) 8.D.Nash(keeper) 9.I.Pathan 10.M.Betts 11.M.Hayward

managers thoughts: well our batsman were let down by themselves poor performence all round really

your thoughts: please give some feedback and should i continue by the way this is my first story

Attachments

pinchy81

goals for the season: to not be religated in any league and to make it to quater final in C&G Trophy
on those comments next match: v nottinghamshire county championship
Team changes: none

Managers thoughts: whole bowling let us down except for pathan and batting was mostly shaky there was only one good partnaship in each innings though i am pleased we didn't lose because in the 2nd innings we had a mini collapse points:10

next match: v Lancashire National League

Attachments

Last edited:

pinchy81

team changes: Hutinson in for Hayward

managers thoughts: well the hole batting just sucked joyce needs to find some form and our bowling needs to improve though i'm quiet happy with hutinson's performence one day matches need to be rethinked plan wise

Attachments

pinchy81

next match: v Warwickshire county championship
team changes: Marwood in for Joyce

managers thoughts: to start this match off i finally won the toss:) and strauss hit a beautiful 229 and marwood hit a nice 80 oin debut but our bowlers didn't help the batsman again :@ and hutinson got injured in the first innings and i thought 265 would be enough to seal a draw oh well plus Andrew Strauss with MOM

Attachments

pinchy81

team changes for this match includes that of the injured hutinson out and peploe in

managers thoughts: bowling was again poor after a par batting performance really pleased with shah who got some runs and for betts and peploe for getting the team over 200

Attachments

Last edited:

pinchy81

next match: v Northumberland Challenge Trophy Rd1
team changes: Hayward comes back in for Peploe

managers thoughts: batting was excellent but i still reckon the bowlers could bowl better MOM O.Shah 132 runs also first win of the season :)

Attachments

pinchy81

next match: v Hampshire County Championship
team changes: Hutinson returns from injury and Hayward go's out

managers thoughts: the first innings bowling was bad shouldn't have declared first innings congratz on marwood making his maiden century i take full credit for our loss my fault

Attachments

pinchy81

next match: v Gloustershire County Championship
team changes: Peploe in for betts

managers thoughts: so close to a win batsman couldn't do it for us in the first innings though very happy with our bowling for once great match all round really MOM O.Shah

Attachments

pinchy81

1st win not including minow

next match: v Hampshire National League
Team changes: Pathan out Betts in

Managers thoughts: yes first win all thanks to the bowlers for a change and i guess the batters played there part to :)

Attachments

pinchy81

next match: v Yorkshire Challenge Trophy
team changes: Peploe out Richardson in

Managers thoughts: batsman batted to slow therefore making them bat faster and getting out and the bowlers were disappointing poor effort all round

side note i'd like to get some more feedback because i'm paying haddin to give those comments to get people intrested but i don't think its working so if i don't get any more feedback i'm going to stop

Attachments

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
your doing fine, like the story.
yeah you declared to early on that one!
I reckon you should look for a bowler in the off-season!

pinchy81

next match: v Gloustershire National League
team changes: with Strauss out playing for england i decided to put weekes in as he was meant to start but was injured

managers thoughts:can't believe i made 200 cause at the 25 over mark we were at 60 odd
though still impressed by young up and comer Marwood smashing another one day half century and like usaual the bowlers couldn't bowl next year i hope to buy some decent paceman and a descent spiiner with hopefully my 2 overseas players as P.Jaques and U.Tariq

Attachments

pinchy81

next match: v Sussex county championship
team changes: Betts and Richardson out Pathan and Peploe in

managers thoughts: the top order first innings couldv'e done better as they left it for Shah and nash to bring up a 186 run partneship which brought the team total from 120 to 306 and then the tail wagged :) to bring us to 400. and thefirsst innings bowling superb just making them follow on. the 2nd innings bowling was SHOCKING letting them get over 400 and hats off to Richard Montgomerie for scoing an unbeaten 191 though he really shouldv'e scored 200. and i only wanted a draw as i didn't want to embrasse my self going for a win an losing

side note: you may be wondering why i took my hat off to montgomerie well its because he plays for the best side in the comp :)

Attachments