• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Coach Data

Timewell

U19 Debutant
Hi guys,

I would be interested in your opinions on the data for Cricket Coach (data being the batting, bowling, fielding statistics, positions etc etc). I was responsible for the English data, in particular, although I did have a look at the West Indies, Pakistan and India. Obviously, Glenn and Oli did most of the work, I just offered my own interpretation. In my mind, the statistics are all a matter of opinion and interpretation so you won't be able to please everybody! But that does not mean that others will not be able to provide useful contributions - quite the opposite. If there is anything that needs correcting or you feel is unrealistic with regard to the actual statistical data, I would appreciate you mentioning it.

The game will benefit most if people chip in with their bit, as it were.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Liam Plunkett's too good. By the end of the WI home series in 2007 he had 42 Test wickets @ 13.14 for me, including two 8-fers - 8-38 during the Ashes, and 8-30 against WI. He needs fixing, I think. :)

musha_13

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Some of the Australian squads are not up to date with Harvey and Inness still playing for Victoria. Also, Scott Styris is far too good, he seams to win games by himself.

cpr

International Coach
It'd be nice if Lancashires promotion to the county championship last season was put in. Bit of a major oversight that one...... especially when in the game you've got them listed as last seasons D2 Champs......

Retox

State Vice-Captain
I have said this in other threads but

Jacob Oram is not in the game. JACOB ORAM. Also Sherlock is not in either. How can you miss a International player.

mallorys1

Cricket Spectator
Part time bowlers seem to be used to frequently eg. for Australia over the course of 2 seasons seems to haev Ponting, Langer and Jaques picking up wickets frequently. It happens in Shiekld cricket too, with p/timers (if you could even flatter them with the title) like J Langer or Jaques bowling way too many overs and picking up to many wickets. Perhaps going through each player and significantly reducing all but the most regular part time bowlers bowling ratings.
Also playing as Qld Nash got injured during the first innnings, then came out and smashed an unbeaten ton in the 2nd Inns, at the conclusion of the game it said he was out 4 months with a broken arm. Nice ton with only 1 working arm!!!
Although it's good to see bowling effectiveness in general improve I have been astonished by the amount of times Australia was bowled out for under 100 in an innings. Happened every test against England ( dream on Pommies, you may've beaten us fair and square in real life, but we ain't that bad yet :)!!!) Even happened against Bangers, and NZ.
Also poor ole NSW were dismissed for 36 and 48 in consecutive 1st innings of Shield games??? Lots of incidences of teams getting bundled out for 100 or there abouts, but then equally large number of big scores. It may even out in terms of averages, but still doesn't seem that realistic.
Also saw WA have it's 4 main bowlers in Dorey, Edmondson, Clark bating 4,5 and 6 respectively for every shield game of the season, and batsman S. Marsh come in at No 11 for every shield game. that'll do his confidence wonders :)

Timewell

U19 Debutant
The part time bowling thing is a bit of a mystery as their ratings are pretty poor...I'd say that was more of a match engine fault, than a data fault.

Oram and Sherlock have been added into the database.

I'm gradually working my way around fixing all the squads etc etc. So please bear with me on this - but do mention any inaccuracies!

chris.hinton

International Captain
i have notice this too.... but it happens in icc as well so it not really a major bug just need to tweak it a little......

I am Impressed with Timewell job as England Researcher he has done a great job give or take 2-3 errors ( Although Minor) it perfect

chris.hinton

International Captain
Has I mension on other forums

these are missing in the Worcestershire Squads

Richard Jones ( Tailender RFM Bowler)
Faisal Shahid ( All-Rounder Med-fast bowler)
Ed Foster (Middle Order Batsman)
Zafran Ali ( Late Order Bat, Left Arm Fast-Medium)
Will Gifford ( Top Order Batsman)

Warwickshire

Nick James ( Middle order batsman L/H Slow left arm)
Navdeep Poonia ( Top Order batsman)
Tim Groensweld( Check the name) Lower order Batsman Fast Medium Bowler

A Few Players you could add

Matt Hinton (Lincolnshire) Middle Order Batsman Left Arm Chinaman
Alex Ormond ( Lincolnshire) Opening/Middle Order bat Leg Spinner

surgeklick

Cricket Spectator
I don't understand the Craig White situation, and why his bowling style is 'none'. He couldn't bowl last season because of a back injury, but he's said this season he's ok to. Surely he should be a Right Arm Medium even if he is getting on a bit?

yorkie

Cricket Spectator
E mailed Oli, and he said that he wasn't bowling anymore, and that he would lower his skill in the next update, due to his no ball problem, as "his injury is causing him too much pain." I also think that he said he would be able to bowl this season.

UP THE TYKES

Timewell

U19 Debutant
Ah yes...I've just checked on the Yorkshire website. Seems like Craig White is back bowling. However, due to his lack of practice and series of injuries, I have made his rating equivalent to that of an average County bowler, rather than something higher which it might have been earlier in White's career.

Please ignore what I said in the other thread!

yorkie

Cricket Spectator
Thanks for checking!

The stats on the game is one of the best parts of CC

Well done Timewell and the CC team !

Last edited: