• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Coach Thread

Blaze

Banned
Just downloaded the trial.

First impressions are bad. I saw in the results that Bangladesh beat Australia in a Test series and then the game froze up... haven't played a match yet.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Mine freezes after all the news gets done, and then I click whether I want to manage contracts myself or hire an assistant. Then I click continue, the game screen goes a shade darker and it freezes and I have to CTRL+ALT+DELETE it closed.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
My problem - it doesn't seem to accept that I have a keyboard. :D

This is on XP, in Norway, I've tried fiddling with the language options but they don't appear to have any effect.

Moon monkey

Cricket Spectator
Sadly I have a problem too. payment accepted, I install the game and after installing and loading the game I get:

Cricketcoach.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. Sorry for the inconvenience. And then there it is followed by a message saying please tell microsoft about this problem.

NZTailender

By the way, I'm playing as Auckland in NZ league.

I'm just playing the demo at the moment.

I get the same trouble as Samuel Vimes when trying to run windowed mode.

Doesn't do it in full screen though.

The Cricket Coach.exe on average uses 50,000k of memory on my computer.

More things. Make sure you have the latest DirectX installed and video drivers to be safe.

Last edited:

Glenn Stiemens

School Boy/Girl Captain
NZTailender said:
Mine freezes after all the news gets done, and then I click whether I want to manage contracts myself or hire an assistant. Then I click continue, the game screen goes a shade darker and it freezes and I have to CTRL+ALT+DELETE it closed.
It might still be processing data, be patient next time.

Glenn Stiemens

School Boy/Girl Captain
People suffering from "Can't acquire keyboard device" error messages need to be patient when loading the game up. Don't click/press keys etc elsewhere while the window is initialising - again, this surfaced only late on.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Glenn Stiemens said:
People suffering from "Can't acquire keyboard device" error messages need to be patient when loading the game up. Don't click/press keys etc elsewhere while the window is initialising - again, this surfaced only late on.
That and closing all other programs worked. Thanks! :)

NZTailender

Glenn Stiemens said:
It might still be processing data, be patient next time.

I waited a good while before I did it. When it froze it peaked at 90,000k of memory usage.

Retox

State Vice-Captain
Does anyone have to click things two or three times for them to work? like the mouse is laggin?

NZTailender

Retox said:
Does anyone have to click things two or three times for them to work? like the mouse is laggin?

Mouse lags for me too.

Otherwise this game looks quite slick and has a great amount of options (all the county/state teams from the test nations)

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Moon monkey said:
Sadly I have a problem too. payment accepted, I install the game and after installing and loading the game I get:

Cricketcoach.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. Sorry for the inconvenience. And then there it is followed by a message saying please tell microsoft about this problem.
I got the exact same problem any reason why this is happening?

Blaze

Banned
Retox said:

Yep, game just crashed again for me at the end of the first test... which was a draw.

South Africa made 450/1 decleared which I followed up with 400/9, then got bored so auto played.

I honestly think that MVCM is better than this from what I have seen so far

Moon monkey

Cricket Spectator
I got no idea what the problem could be, feel sorry for the guys who made this game. They put in a lot of effort and so many people are reporting problems. It must be very frustrating for them. I'm sure it will get sorted.

NZTailender

Another basic thing to do: restart your computer. The failsafe for any problem, lol.

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
Damn bugs everywhere but still like some of the stuff, glad that players finally actually have stats, good luck with sorting it out guys.

Moon monkey

Cricket Spectator
Perhaps this is all an April fools joke and we have been sent a joke version of the game. In 24 hours we will be able to access the bug free version.