• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Coach Thread

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
tis funny actually...
ive tested this game for quiet a few months
(amd 2.6 ghz, 512 mb ram, 128mb vid card) and all the problems you guys are encountering, ive never seen, ive played quiet a few seasons on the tests version and never scored 400 summat, my highest score in county is prob 450 or summat....

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I've been playing for about fifteen minutes, no problems so far. *Touches the table*

Let's see how it goes.

Timewell

U19 Debutant
Kweek said:
tis funny actually...
(amd 2.6 ghz, 512 mb ram, 128mb vid card) and all the problems you guys are encountering, ive never seen, ive played quiet a few seasons on the tests version and never scored 400 summat, my highest score in county is prob 450 or summat....
What Kweek said...I've also tested the game and the scores have been pretty damn good with accurate AI changes in bowling. The tactics I employed seem to have an effect too so I find it most odd when everyone else is saying that they are getting the exact opposite!!!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
My game was somehow saved at the point I "lost" it.

So I carried it on and won easily but noticed another thing.

When I had SL following on, every run they scored increased the deficit according to the display at the bottom of the screen.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
My game was somehow saved at the point I "lost" it.

So I carried it on and won easily but noticed another thing.

When I had SL following on, every run they scored increased the deficit according to the display at the bottom of the screen.
:laugh:

surgeklick

Cricket Spectator
Played it for a while last night with Yorkshire, no crashes, but plenty of annoyance with the mouse and the player filters (how do you filter players without a club?).

Problem I've noticed with the auto-selections, I thought I'd give it a go with England, and I had my squad auto selected for me multiple times, even though I'd cleared it and picked it myself. I did the starting line-up in the tactics screen, then went to the game and it ignored it and auto-picked its own.

Anyway, I gave up after the first innings. I think this screenshot explains why.

Attachments

mallorys1

Cricket Spectator
I've simulated a year, and a few things are obvious.

Bowling is a joke.
So many scorecards especially in one day matches end up 1 for or 2 for, yet the guys have onyl scored at barely over 4 runs an over. This indicates to me a serious flaw in the games ability to simulate cricket with anything close to real life results. If a team was only 1 for at the end of a ODI you would expect the score to be close to 250-300 plus, reflecting the fact that the team with wickets in hand would be attempting to take more risks. The result being either more wickets taken or a lot of runs should occur.
Not in this game though, the regularity of paltry one day scores but little or no wickets down by the end of 50 oevrs is a joke.
How much was this tested. Why no complexity.
Seems alot of time has been spent on presentation and statistics, and stuff all on getting the game anwhere close to cricket.

It highlights the very simplistic nature of the games engine.
This is fatal as far as killing my interest in the game.
I'm also coming down with RSI as I click through every bloody meaningless scorecard to get to the next season. I'm playing Shield cricket, and having just finished a season had to click clikc my way thorugh a whole season of other results just to get to the start of next season of Shield. surely there shoud be a go to next season button that would allow me to skip the other competitions.
Haven't even lasted 24 hours before I remove this from my computer. glad I didn't fork out for the full version.
After checking in on Cricket coach website for months, and eagerly reading the articles and interviews about the game and anticpating this game for what feels like forever, I feel that this game as it stands represents a serious setback to the hopes of ever seeing a game released that comes close to realising the potential cricket has as a management great management game.
As much as I hate to say it, looks like it's back to the less than perfect ICC series for the foreseeable future.
For all it's faults it is the closest there is to a proper cricket simulation, and that's a sad indictment on the state of play in the genre of cricket management games.

Last edited:

mallorys1

Cricket Spectator
Kweek said:
tis funny actually...

Kweek, having tested the game as you say for months, did you raise the issues I posted concerning the simplistic game engine ie.
1. low ODI bating totals, yet few if any wickets lost. so many scorecards I've viewed, and in matches I've played the score ends up being 1/200, 3/210 etc. Why doesn't the game remotely reflect the increase of risk taking as overs progress without wickets falling. It's as if every player is the reincarnation of Chris Tavare or Geoff Boycott?
2. The impotence in general of bowlers and over use of part time bowlers by the AI.
3. The lack of realism put into the transfer system. It seems that many overseas player rush to the Sheffield Shield competition. when was the last time more than a couple of o/s player played in the australian domestic competition.

With the promotion this game has received on the web, and the build up on the game's own website, the game that has been released is a very very poor product.
I would've been happy to wait another 12 months and for the game to be actually enjoyable rather than wasting my time on this tripe.
I'd love to hear Glenn and Oli's views on all of this, and my previous post too.

Moon monkey

Cricket Spectator
They are probably too depressed to even respond after reading everything thats happened. Perhaps refunding everyone who paid for the game would be a start.

yorkie

Cricket Spectator
I know that there are lots of problems with the game(scores, bugs etc) But once you play on it a bit it gets quite addictive.

mallorys1

Cricket Spectator
this snippet form the official website.

In Cricket Coach the action is represented by little discs on the field - these move around realistically to demonstrate the outcome of each delivery from an overhead view. It is also very easy to see if the ball is in the air or not, perfect for witnessing those crucial dropped catches.

I don't think I've ever seen a more unrealistic representation of fielder's moving around the field ever in any cricket game. Well no that's not true, Graham Gooch's cricket on the ole Commodore 64 had some pretty strange fielding.
How many times is the short lef going to keep running on the pitch, before the umpire says enough is enough?

This from the features page on the official website
A realistic transfer system - will you opt for home grown talent or fill your side with Kolpak stars?

Yeah Right!! I had a chuckle when Michael Vaughan signed for Tasmania, Tendulkar for NSW, M Butcher for WA and Pietersen for some other Aussie domestic team. Very realistic transfer system indeed.

Last edited:

cricketfreak200

Cricket Spectator
guys, on the positive side, some of you may remember that a game named Howzat Cricket Master was under development. We are still working hard on our game, and promise to deliver a good game at the very least. Although we will in the first release have no player animations, we will have audio commentary and a very good gameplay engine with which realistic results are achieved. We hope to get the game done in the following months, and we hope you will enjoy it!
Also, we will have an in-game editor which can edit rosters, tournaments and pretty much everything! So you can make the game to your liking!

Timewell

U19 Debutant
From what I have seen, you seem to be jealous of Glenn and Oli - very childish. If you're so desperate to tell the whole world about your "game", then I suggest you start your own thread and stick to it - rather than hijacking someone else's.

To all those wondering where Glenn and Oli are, I'm sure that they are busy working on your feedback!!!