• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Coach Thread

Glenn Stiemens

School Boy/Girl Captain
This is a similar problem that one of my test machines here has. That doesn't have a dedicated 3D card (only shared graphics). Do your machines have DirectX 9.0c installed and have a dedicated 3D card?

I'll keep investigating this one.

sammy22

U19 12th Man
The game keeps exiting out back to windows whenever I have news and click forward or backwards to see the next unread. I'm hoping this will be solved with the new update later, as I was really starting to enjoy the game.

crickhowell

U19 Vice-Captain
There appears to be no fielding restrictions in the one-dayers, I have just played a game where the opposition had four players on the boundary during the ninth over!
Could this be contributing to low scores?

*Edit* I'm now playing a game where the field is obviously on 'ulta-defensive' (six on boundary) inside the first 10 overs.

Last edited:

musha_13

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Glenn said on another forum that the fielding restriction have been fixed for a future release and that as a result the scores have become more realistic.

The major trouble I have is the fact that the Sheffield Shield points system is wrong as I got points for a draw.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
And you get 6 points for the outright win, plus another 2 for the first innings if you won that. Thus, you get 8 points if you win ouright and win first innings.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Haddin said:
Don't they use the First Innings points system for Austrlain Domestic Cricket?
Yeah, it's 2 points for first innings win, 4 points if you win outright.

Eg, if you lose first innings but win outright, you get 4 points and your opponents get 2 points.

But if you win first innings and outright you get 6 points.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Right, game-killer.

My South Australia game keeps crashing on the 9th Febuary 2007.

BUT, if I quit as South Australia coach, I can carry on.

I don't really wanna quit as South Australia though.

Andrew Jolly

Cricket Spectator
I have the very same problem on my home computer, no one has told me how to fix it yet.

And yes, I have Direct 9Xc, I have even downloaded it again.

the_stooge

Cricket Spectator
I've only had 2 problems so far with the new version (think saying that i'm tempting fate but oh well!!) I started a game at surrey after azhar mahood left when i didn't extend his contract i looked for another overseas player to sign 2 complement kumble and remember seeing young indian spinner in u19 world cup called Chawla so i tried 2 sign him and it said can't sign this player as u already have -1 overseas players!!

Also Martin Bicknell retired and when i went to play next game his 38 year old brother Darren had been added to my squad even though i didn't approach him!! Although needed an opening batsmen anyway so worked out ok!!