• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Clarification on the 2 different versions of Cricket Coach

sammy22

U19 12th Man
Apparantly there will be a vesion of cricket coach available 31st March to download (download only?) which I presume will be £24.99(original price of game)

However there is apparantly going to be a may release of the game on cd, which may be slightly differen (I remember a quote saying that both versions would offer great respective value for money hence revealing the may be different)

I am unsure as to the price of this may release, or even the differences it will have.

Basically I would much prefer to wait until may and get the game on cd, although if the game is going to be exactly the same I may just download it earlier (no patience). However if the version is going to have/not have some features it will obviously effect the version I and many other cricker fans will prefer to buy.

Can anyone clarify some of the questions I have raised, as I am now a little unsure of whether the games are going to be similar, the same, or completely different. Personally I would presume that the may cd release would have at least as many features, probably more and may have certain "issues/bugs" ironed out which may feature in an original version. I would also anticipate a slightly higher price, although I remember £9.99 being mentioned , I don't know if thats £9.99 more than the download or £9.99 total (which surely it can't be less than half of the download price)

Thanks for any help:cool:

Oli Norwell

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
The downloadable release will cost more money, but will include free updates and add-on features in the future that the retail version will not.

It might be possible (not certain yet), to upgrade your retail cd copy to the downloadable version, and thus get access to the extra features.

The extra features to be added will be features that haven't made it into the 'cut' for the retail release, but we think are fun. This often happens with movie releases when you get a 'directors cut'. Basically which ever version you buy we will ensure you're getting good value for money.

Oli

P.S. The retail version will be out after the downloadable version, but that doesn't mean it will be 'newer' code. As we have to submit the retail version to the publishing company long before it hits the shelves.

Autobahn

State 12th Man
Oli Norwell said:
The downloadable release will cost more money, but will include free updates and add-on features in the future that the retail version will not.

It might be possible (not certain yet), to upgrade your retail cd copy to the downloadable version, and thus get access to the extra features.

The extra features to be added will be features that haven't made it into the 'cut' for the retail release, but we think are fun. This often happens with movie releases when you get a 'directors cut'. Basically which ever version you buy we will ensure you're getting good value for money.

Oli

P.S. The retail version will be out after the downloadable version, but that doesn't mean it will be 'newer' code. As we have to submit the retail version to the publishing company long before it hits the shelves.
What sort of Extra features we talking about here? :ph34r:

Retox

State Vice-Captain
Could you not make it the same price and allow the people who will only be able to buy on cd to get these updates?

EDIT: It's abit unfair on people who buy a game on cd too not get the same updates as people who CAN buy it over the internet

Last edited: