• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Game being released on cd?

sammy22

U19 12th Man
With the game just 3 weeks away I have began to worry that the game may not be released on cd, and in fact be made only available via download. If this is the case I am unsure whether I would purchase it until it became available on cd.

I tend to re-set my computer and like to have my games in a collection.. Being able to download it may be slightly quicker but a cd is more permenant, and ensures that you will always have the game.

I would be staggered if the game isn't offered on cd, but in another thread someone suggested it was almost certain it wouldn;t be released on cd. For some countries a download may be easier and more appropriate, but for UK customers a cd is the only real option.

Glenn can you let us know about this?, and what are other peoples thoughts regarding the format of how the game will be released?:cool:

sammy22

U19 12th Man
kwek said:
you could always download and then put it on cd...
Agreed, although I have attempted this with games before, and often have had problems with the data and converting it etc. If the process was simple, like downloading a file or video then I would have no problems.

Marc Duffy

Cricket Spectator
I'm interested to find out gamers perceptions of why downloading and paying for a game mean you might not purchase?