• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Good player in ICC Ashes 2005

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Who have you found to be awesome in this version? any un-known players that have produced the results?

I started a career with England and began by looking through profiles, to find a player named Scott Price, a leg-spinner from Lincolnshire of all teams. I thought this was kind of unusual but I picked him to see if I got lucky and currently over 5 seasons he has taken around 300+ wickets in test matches and around 100 wickets in ODI's (I haven't played him that often in ODI's)

I will post a screen capture of his stats a bit later on.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well I started from scratch again and this time he isn't there. Scott Price was definately there when I started the 1st season, he wasn't a fake player that came in once I started the 2nd season.

I got his stats slightly wrong, but if England ever found a guy like this..they would be well & truly owning every other team haha.

Attachments

cpr

International Coach
Simon Marshall seems to turn out quality for me (i always manage Lancs though, so that might help.) Hit 198 on his test debut (only played him because he hit 224 in a warm up game, he was meant to be a back up!)

Stephen Moore (warwicks i think) can turn out to be ODI int quality at least with the right coach and a bit of luck (never tried him in tests)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tim said:
Well I started from scratch again and this time he isn't there. Scott Price was definately there when I started the 1st season, he wasn't a fake player that came in once I started the 2nd season.
Nope, sounds like a made up player to do the one minor county game a season!

burkey

Cricket Spectator
With my Hampshire squad in my first season I was forced to use Michael Brown (Batsman/Keeper) as a substitute when other players were injured, he scored 100's in both innings of that match, and since has been my first choice opener. He's raised his average from 20 something to around 47 over the last 4 seasons, although only scoring an average of 38 in one day games. It took him a long time to get his first one day century as well, 97 matches for 106 not out. He usually does well considering he opens with players like Hussey, North, Vermeulen, Bailedon (some gun youth I picked up, got an england contract in his first season) and now Sehwag.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
burkey said:
With my Hampshire squad in my first season I was forced to use Michael Brown (Batsman/Keeper) as a substitute when other players were injured, he scored 100's in both innings of that match, and since has been my first choice opener. He's raised his average from 20 something to around 47 over the last 4 seasons, although only scoring an average of 38 in one day games. It took him a long time to get his first one day century as well, 97 matches for 106 not out. He usually does well considering he opens with players like Hussey, North, Vermeulen, Bailedon (some gun youth I picked up, got an england contract in his first season) and now Sehwag.
Agreed! Brown is awesome, he hit 1500 runs or so last season for me, with an average of 78.