• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Cricket Project

Langeveldt

Soutie
Hi there

Think it would be a good time to bring to the forum this website

http://www.thecricketproject.com/index.php

It's basically a guy from planetcricket, who seeks to make a "proper" cricket game for cricket fans.. I've looked at the thread on the game and it's been in development for quite a while.. Lets just say it looks fairly promising..

Graphics arent EA standard, but they are 3D, the game will feature multiplayer, is totally customisable, and on the whole this looks pretty exciting.. Its still in development stage so don't expect the videos and screenshots to be flash, but they are very promising indeed..

ervine_wa

Cricket Spectator
im a member at planetcricket and this guy is amazing what his done, you obviously think graphics over gameplay? thats stupid cricket 2005 is a perfect example, great graphics crappy game. This guy has put in heaps of hard work and is making one the best cricket games ever and taking whatever people say into consideration. Join planetcricket/the cricket project and put your ideas forward and he will make it.

Langeveldt

Soutie
martyo said:
you obviously think graphics over gameplay? .
These days there shouldn't have to be a trade-off.. Although this guy is essentially a one man band, and what he is doing is absolutely brilliant considering..

Any news on whether its going to be released freeware/commercial? I'd pay money for it by the looks of things

zimrahil

Cricket Spectator
Langeveldt said:
These days there shouldn't have to be a trade-off.. Although this guy is essentially a one man band, and what he is doing is absolutely brilliant considering..

Any news on whether its going to be released freeware/commercial? I'd pay money for it by the looks of things

But as you say he is a one man band, so anyone expecting EA graphics are being very harsh on him.

At the moment I believe the game will be freeware, but its still to be confirmed

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Certainly looks like a great game. I watched the sixth promotional video and was quite surprised by the reverse sweep :-O

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
TCP is really shaping up to make 2007 have many cricket games

Last edited:

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
Manee said:
Really moving on now...

Can ppl please join planetcricket and help even with small things like how good a batsman is...

My thread in the TCP forum at planetcricket is manees stats or sumfin like that if you help i will be grateful...

TCP RULES

lol

Manee
Manee, please don't blatantly advertise Planetcricket on another board. It's very rude in terms of forum etiquette.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
OK...sorry bout that...

ANYWAY...

The rights issue is a very complicated one as far as The Cricket Project goes...

Is there anyone studying law that can help answer these questions.

1. Are we allowed to take crowd noises from matches on TV and put them in the game?

James

Cricket Web Owner
I would ask the broadcaster just to safe personally.

They probably wouldn't mind, but doing it without their permission could get you into trouble later.

Oli Norwell

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I think a bigger issue are the advertising boards, there is no way they could use any corporate logo's without first gaining permission. I think its unlikely Vodaphone etc would give permission, simply because for them the benefits are limited.

As for sounds, for just a general cheering noise I can't see anyone caring. Commentators are a definite no though.

Manee said:
OK...sorry bout that...

ANYWAY...

The rights issue is a very complicated one as far as The Cricket Project goes...

Is there anyone studying law that can help answer these questions.

1. Are we allowed to take crowd noises from matches on TV and put them in the game?

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Commentators are definately gonna be done from members from planetcricket so thats not an issue

Langeveldt

Soutie
Why would a firm like Vodafone object to having their boards on the game though? Its free for them, and gives them a little extra exposure..

I guess the only issue would be if the game was a total flop, or if it conflicted with another cricket game Vodafone supported..

James

Cricket Web Owner
Because Vodaphone only back the "best" and "biggest" in everything don't they. Why would they want their name tagged to a freeware fan product?

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Just make the adboards really easy to customise, and you'll get fan mods. We've seen it with EA games and BLIC.