• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

An alternative to Cricket Coach

cricketfreak200

Cricket Spectator
Hey guys.
I know you guys are all excited by the release date of Cricket Coach, as everyone should be. But I think many people might be upset over the excessive price for a game, which, even though has been worked on day and night, does not have a producer.
Well, we are making a game codenamed Howzat Cricket Master, as many may already know. We are including all features that Cricket Coach is including, such as domestic teams from all 10 test nations and the ability to take a minnow team to the top! Also, we are allowing you to assign staff, handle finances, ground expansion, and we provide a player editor with the game. So, if you guys just wait a month or two more, we promise that we will give you more value for your buck! :D
Now, we better get back to work, a lot of it to be done.

Samiur Rahman
Project Executive
Maximus Gaming

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
cricketfreak200 said:
I think many people might be upset over the excessive price for a game, which, even though has been worked on day and night, does not have a producer.
What does that have to do with anything?

Glenn Stiemens

School Boy/Girl Captain
We are including all features that Cricket Coach is including
I'm not sure how you can possibly say this is the case given you've not played the game and so therefore can only speculate on the features we are providing.

Not sure what you mean by Cricket Coach not having a 'producer'?

I don't wish to get into a dispute over who's cricket game will be better nor do we ever claim our title is better than other specific games (which is why it is a tad disappointing to see that you are openly entering into debate about our product being overpriced both here and on your 'company' forums). I personally understand the time and effort put into the development of any program so would never criticise someones effort unless it was constructively.

I'm sure people will look to play both games and will then make their decision as to which they will buy (if not both of them).

Last edited:

cricketfreak200

Cricket Spectator
Glenn, I love the Cricket Coach project, and the only problem i have with it is the expensive price. The game will cost $50 in America, a price almost no PC game gets in USA! That is my only complaint against the game. Apart from that, yes, I am wrong in saying that it will have "all" the features of Cricket Coach, all I can say is that it will have most of its features. And for the producer thing, high priced games are usually made by a big producer. This does not have one, and hence the point that it should not be over 20 pounds in price.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
cricketfreak200 said:
Glenn, I love the Cricket Coach project, and the only problem i have with it is the expensive price. The game will cost $50 in America, a price almost no PC game gets in USA! That is my only complaint against the game. Apart from that, yes, I am wrong in saying that it will have "all" the features of Cricket Coach, all I can say is that it will have most of its features. And for the producer thing, high priced games are usually made by a big producer. This does not have one, and hence the point that it should not be over 20 pounds in price.
1) Cricket games are generally not looking to corner the US market. £25 is a more than reasonable UK price.

2) I still don't understand the remotest relevance of a producer to anything. Games are made by developers, first and foremost. Price is set based upon the cost of supply and the amount of demand. If they've got the price wrong, it'll be their problem

3) Starting an advertisement attempt with abuse of a rival is a very poor way to go about things. I buy a game based upon what's it in, not what it says about its competition. How many brands do you know that push a product based on their opponent, and aren't comparison goods? It also doesn't do your reputation any good.

cricketfreak200

Cricket Spectator
I must admit that this post was an advertisement, but for sure it was not to abuse Cricket Coach. As i said, Cricket Coach is an awesome game, and I have much respect for it.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
cricketfreak200 said:
I must admit that this post was an advertisement, but for sure it was not to abuse Cricket Coach. As i said, Cricket Coach is an awesome game, and I have much respect for it.
Then I suggest that you refrain from any further destructive criticism in future.

cricketfreak200

Cricket Spectator
well i cannot guarantee identical quality because we do not know what Cricket Coach's quality is! But I can safely say it will be a great game!