• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

64 Bit processor woes (Or Help Please ?)

scritty

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Gumph!!

Just got my new PC (old one was from 2001, and couldn't play Far Cry very well...and couldn't play X3 at all)

Soooooo.

Its a AMD 4800+ with (standard 32bit) Windows XP all the usual gubbins.

Went to install ICC2002

Install seemed AOK

Tried to run it.

"Do you want to completely remove International Cricket Captain 2002 ..."

Errmm No . I want to play it.

Did everything I could here. Uninstalled (with windows) Ran REGEDIT and removed all mention of it from USER_ and HOST_ (and anywhere else)

Ran Norton cleansweep, ran Norton Windoctor (which as usual found a gazillion errors)

Went to re-install

"Do you want to completely remove International Cricket Captain 2002 ..."

Argghhh ....

Ran a dozen unilities desgned to clean out duff installs/uninstalls. (Freeware / Shareware etc etc)

Still get the same error (and every time I go to install, i get entries put back in the registry)

Any idea what the problem is ?

Could it be that like a few other game s(Battlefield 1942 for one) This game doesn't like 64bit processors.

If so I'm in deep dooo..clocked up more hours on this game (and its predecessors) than all the rest of my games put together)

Boo Hooo

Can any of you boffins help ???

Clarker

cricketfreak200

Cricket Spectator
well, i play my icc 2005 well enough on my athlon 64 3500+. but im wondering if u hav a dual core x2 processor, if so, u will hav to turn one off before u start playing icc.

scritty

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
cricketfreak200 said:
well, i play my icc 2005 well enough on my athlon 64 3500+. but im wondering if u hav a dual core x2 processor, if so, u will hav to turn one off before u start playing icc.

Maybe you've got a point.

Actually remember why I un-installed it in the first place.

Kept getting a blue screen of death "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA"

System is SLI as well (2 x Winfast 7800GT)

Going to try both here - Disable SLI for this game profile, and dedicate to a single processor core - see what happens.

Clarker