Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glamorgan Huge Challenge Ahead.........?

U19 12th Man

Glamorgan Huge Challenge Ahead.........?

Fianlly i've decided upon Glamorgan since they are apparantly the worst side in the game along with Derbyshire.

It's certainly going to be an interesting season, although on examing the squad I do at least have a couple of decent overseas batsmen. However other than opening batsmen there are no batsmen in the squad who have even played a game at county level, so it could be a tough season ahead with much depending on the overseas openers Elliot and Ganguly.

If they fail so do I it would seem although I am delighted to get the opportunity to work with Matt Maynard.

Bowling wise it could be a long season, not a single player with a bowling average of under 30, and even former england international spinner Robert Croft has an everage of 35+

Therefore it was important to make a couple of early moves in the transfer market and I brought in a youngster called marshall who hopfully will become a decent bowler, the plan is to put him straight into the side.

I also had 30,000 left spare and so decided even though he isn;t a great prospect to being in an extra batsmen called goddard on a 1 year contract. He may get a chance due to the shortage of quality in the side, and will probably go straight into the team.

I have no idea how I will do this season, I do know that players managing Derbyshire a similar team in quality have struggled to win many games all season and finished bottom of the tables. Therefore realistic targets will be to avoid bottom place in all leagues and maybe get through a couple of rounds in the cup, and the first phase of the 20/20.

A long hard season is ahead, but I am confident I might surprise a few teams along the way
    Attached Files Attached Files

U19 12th Man
    The opening side, as you can see not many batsmen who aren;t openers

The only difficult decision was whether to give new youngster Goddard a debut, but in the end i;ve gone for Thomas instead. However I expect Goddard to emerge at some stage.

U19 12th Man
    First game..........................and a win

Thomas who I didn;t nearly play scoring a brilliant 100. Bowling wise Harrision was the star and took 13 wickets in the match. I hadn;t heard of him before

Wobbled a bit chasing a low total, and found it more difficult bowling them out the 2nd time but a magnificent start.

I sense that I have a pretty decent first 11, but if and when players get injured along with international call ups I could be in trouble. I also don't have any physio points at all, as I choice to sign goddard instead

Still a great start having expected to get a hiding in most games this season I still can;t beleive i;ve won

U19 12th Man
    1 day win against Lancs. For my money the best team in the game and i beat them. Still early days yet.

U19 12th Man
    Another 1 day win, against another side who I expect will be challenging to win it Essex. Ganguly controlled things when setting a decent target, and although Essex started well Harrison and Thomas turned things around. Thomas was excellent taking 5 wickets for just 18 runs.

It's turning into the Harrison and Thomas show, although Simon Jones the 1 bowler who I had expected to be quite good has made a poor start. Another decent knock from Thomas(batsmen) cements his place in the side.

right mate..time to learn to use MSPAINT. as getting images in word is very annoying!
    P.S. We beat England at Lord's
    Member of the RTDAS.
    Member of the ESAS - Edgar Schiferli Appreciation Society
    President of the DNAS - Dirk Nannes Appreciation Society
    Member of the CW Colts!

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I think it's really disappointing of her - would only take a minute or two of her time....
    Quote Originally Posted by luffy View Post
    Wishful thinking on your behalf.

U19 12th Man
    At least I was top at one stage in the season

U19 12th Man
    Agreed Kweek, however for attachments to be included they have to be under 1mb and all the images posted into paint are around 1.37mb.

U19 12th Man
    a
    Attached Images Attached Images

JPEG save not Bitmap.
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

U19 12th Man
    Thanks, but how do I save it as a jpeg as i don't get given that choice in the selection process just a load of bitmap and graphic options.?

I'll delay sending any more screenshots until I figure out how to do it properly, as it has been pointed out how irritating they are in word format.

county champ - drew with surrey
    Last edited by sammy22; 15-10-2005 at 02:30 PM.

Good story Sammy just get Paint under your belt and you'll be fine.
    CricketWeb Colts - Twybridge Titans

U19 12th Man
    beat suffolk

U19 12th Man
    Had to add a few games after they had been played which is why they are copied from the fixtures but as you can see Glouc were beaten bowled them out cheaply twice and batted well.

U19 12th Man
    Was struggling in this game looked like i was in trouble until the Thomas and davies put on over 100 for the last wicket. A great win.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information