• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Glamorgan Huge Challenge Ahead.........?

sammy22

U19 12th Man
Very strange 20/20 quarter final, against the mighty Lancashire and without Simon Jones dropped from the team.

They batted first and I didn;t really apply much pressure but they scored very slowly even with wickets in hand almost as if they didn;t realise the urgency of the situation.

Faced with a low total I once again adopted my tactic of winning the game simply by making sure I didn;t lose wickets.

Attachments

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
sammy22 said:
Here are the tables as they currently stand.

I should meet my target of avoiding finishing bottom in both leagues. Realistically now I would be slightly dissapointed not to come in the top 4 of the county championship and top 6 at least in the 1 day league
Wow, didn't realise you were doing so well! Only focused on the IRL-like results ;)

sammy22

U19 12th Man
Easily the most incredible game i;ve been involved in since buying this game a few months ago.

I dropped 14 catches in the game :@ I was getting so annoyed I counted them.Marshall dropped 6.

Anyway an amazing batting score was only just defended, highlighting again we have a terrible bowling attack.

In the head to head where it aynalises batting and bowling skills for each team represented by stars we are showing 1 and a half for batting and 1 for bowling.

Still I don;t agree with these stars as we're not doing that badly.

It keeps a fascinating season going in the national league, where we are actually in contention to finish 2nd or 3rd, yet could easily still be relegated.

Attachments

sammy22

U19 12th Man
Thanks Samuel, I am doing quite well, but every time I think I am improving I get thrashed by a team I think I should be beating. I suppose I just need to find some consistency, although secretly I will be dissapointed if i am not at least competing for the county championship.

The one day league is a bit different I can beat anyone :p but also lose to anyone :@

sammy22

U19 12th Man
Great victory over Middlesex, who were 3rd with a game in hand.

Looked to have blown it when despite having them at 98/5 in the first innings they managed 361

Then I was blitzed out for 161 and for the first time ever I was forced to follow on. However we just enjoyed batting in the 2nd innings, knowing that there was still plenty of time in the game and that we were more than capable of making a decent score.

We did, and defended it well, inspired by Robert Croft, who took 5 wickets in the last hour of the final day :-O :p

Attachments

sammy22

U19 12th Man
The glorious 20/20 cup run has ended. Not expected to win a game the journey eventually ended at the semi-final stage, amidst a nerve-wrecking finish to the game. It went down to the last over but they made it..............just.

Of course they better watch out next season :dry:

Attachments

sammy22

U19 12th Man
Incidentally Ganguly has been called up by his country and was sadly missing in the semi final defeat. He's still not back and will miss at least 1 more game. For all I know he may not return again for some time.

He has been explosive in 1 day games, particuarly the 20/20 cup as you can see. Without him I was always up against it.

Come back soon Sourav :happy: :sleep:

Attachments

sammy22

U19 12th Man
It would seem no-one wanted a half century in this innings, and then just when Thomas a bowler (not even an allrounder) came in and batted incredibly he gets injured.

Not only do I think he would have gone on to make a century, but we are now without one of our best bowlers for both of their innings, as well as missing him in our 2nd innings as well.

I want revenge for this. :@

Attachments

sammy22

U19 12th Man
GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

revenge not only for Thomas but also for the painful cup semi final defeat.

This was personal and I completely thrashed them. It dosen't ease the pain, just makes the pain a little easier to bear. :sleep:

Attachments

sammy22

U19 12th Man
Crucial news now regarding the ramainder of the season. Star bowler Thomas so cruelly injured in the glorious revenege rampage against Kent is out..........for 4 weeks :@

Also India are touring Sri Lankia july-august, so that's probably him gone for most of the season as well.

Despite my sucsess this season with one of if not the worst side in the game according to this screenshot I am only a 1 star team :blink: :wacko:

Even a Warwick team heading for relegation get 3 stars :-O

Attachments

sammy22

U19 12th Man
"This defeat was my fault"

Didn't check the weather conditions and stupidly chose to bat on a pitch that was poor for batting up until lunch on the 2nd day when torrential rain gave way to glorious sunshine and a fast outfield.

Even though the openers put on 133 for the 1st wicket I was already regretting my decision. I was then bowled out for 233 got leathered, fought my wayy back into the match, then allowed them to add nearly 200 for the last 3 wickets :@

Cosker and Croft were magnificent defending a low total, but despite there best efforts I lost them this game.

Rumour is if it happens again I will be replaced by Matt Maynard as captain/manager. :@ :sleep:

Attachments

sammy22

U19 12th Man
A great bowling performance, mainly from Robert Croft gives us victory over Lancashire.

With relegation still a possibility it was important to win, and now we know we are not going down we can enjoy the remaining games and really go for the title.

Although it;s a long shot a top 3 position is well within our grasp if we continue playing like this.

As you can see the table is wide open, with very few points seperating classy title contenders and relegation battlers :)

Attachments

sammy22

U19 12th Man
An outstanding team performance has taken us to the top of the 1 day league for the first time this season. :blink: :D :p :) :-O

Ganguly is BACK. And how as he smashed 132 of 80 balls to set the tone for the game.

Then a special mention must go to Cosker. The spinner told his contract would not be renewed just 5 weeks ago producing a magnificent performance which has epitomised his recent change of attitude reflected in his performances.

Cosker was only too happy to sit down after the game and provisonally put his name to a new contract for next season :p

Attachments

sammy22

U19 12th Man
Another semi-final defeat.

Don't really know what happened, didn;t bowl too badly had at least one chance of a wicket every over for the first 25 overs, yet when i looked round they had put 196 on for the first wicket.

I did eventually take a few wickets but the total was just too big once Ganguly had gone. Secretly I knew when he went so did the cup hopes and aspirations for the whole of Wales this season. :@

Attachments

sammy22

U19 12th Man
Really fed up and annoyed.

Yet again the rain costs me a win. It's hard enough at the best of times but when your managing the worst team in the game with little bowling poewer and are unlikely to make 400+ very often it is or the more frustrating.

They decided to be boring and instead of declaring giving me something realistic to get e.g 180 in the final session and a bit they set me well over 200 to get in the final session.

Peed off I played out the game as defensively as I could to spoil there fun and ended without losing a wicket.

I've got nothing more to say about this game, as i;ve decided not to swear :sleep:

Attachments

Last edited:

sammy22

U19 12th Man
Beaten in the 1 day game now.

Looks like i;ve just blown the whole season in an hour.

I;m contemplating thinking about refecting on whether to drink :@

Attachments