• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sensational

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
how good is ricky Pontings international cricket 2005.... purchased it today and it is really good. i have played other cricket games like ea sports but there is something about this which takes it to the next level............

i like hawkeye

replays

bowling and batting seems more realistic....

commentary is good.....

the only thing that is dissapointing is that all the naes in all the cricket teams are slightly changed obviously for legal reasons but i thought they should have kept it realistic with real names but then i guess it starts to get messy with legal rights and copyright laws......

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It does seem very good. A few small bugs here and there, especially with the commentary, but all round a very solid game. It's great fun

cameeel

International Captain
All true, but the name issue is easy to fix, there's no shortage of updated name databases floating around

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
THe only thing missing, IMO:

Wheres the dancing down the pitch to hit the spinners? Unless I am missing something?

andyc

SquidAU said:
THe only thing missing, IMO:

Wheres the dancing down the pitch to hit the spinners? Unless I am missing something?
Nope, you can't do that, unfortunately.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
andyc said:
Nope, you can't do that, unfortunately.
I did that all the time in Cricket 2002/2004/2005. Works every time.

And the way RPIC plays, it would be a useful addition! :D

andyc

SquidAU said:
I did that all the time in Cricket 2002/2004/2005. Works every time.

And the way RPIC plays, it would be a useful addition! :D
Indeed it would. I seem to have trouble dispatching full tosses, too, anyone know a good way of dealing with them? I can only ever straight drive them, otherwise I just miss it and get bowled

Blaze

Banned
andyc said:
Indeed it would. I seem to have trouble dispatching full tosses, too, anyone know a good way of dealing with them? I can only ever straight drive them, otherwise I just miss it and get bowled

play them over midwicket or square leg Andy..

leonmagic

Cricket Spectator
outstanding game - EASILY the best cricket game (non-management) ever created.

the only downside for mine is bill lawry's commentating...it's terrible. and i love him so im shattered that he sucks in it. :(

andyc

leonmagic said:
outstanding game - EASILY the best cricket game (non-management) ever created.

the only downside for mine is bill lawry's commentating...it's terrible. and i love him so im shattered that he sucks in it. :(
Isn't amazing how they made it so realistic!?

leonmagic

Cricket Spectator
amazing. :)

i just thought of another thing that annoys me a bit - the fact that they tease you with the BRILLIANT graphics of players (faces, gear, etc.) in the ICC matches, but to play a test you have to suffer with the normal faces. :(

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
leonmagic said:
amazing. :)

i just thought of another thing that annoys me a bit - the fact that they tease you with the BRILLIANT graphics of players (faces, gear, etc.) in the ICC matches, but to play a test you have to suffer with the normal faces. :(
What platform do you have the game on?