• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sensational

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I just got this yesterday, finished my first match today. Played a Test match on Test difficulty, WI v Zimbabwe, still got thrashed though. :p Bundled out for 98 in my first innings, knocked them over for 134, then got bowled out again for 53 (mainly runouts) and they got the runs easily. Good fun though, I think once I've played a few matches I should be able to put up a reasonable fight with the bat.

Downloaded the faces/names patch and replaced the file, but forgot to back it up, and subsequently the patch stuffed up the game so the players have no names. I must've misread the instructions or something... anyway, had to reinstall the game, all better now. Will have another attempt at patching it later...

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
I recommend the Bat Pack and updated roster if you've just got the game. Contains correct bats for all the players in licensed mode and updated Aussie Squad etc.

Jdz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I've played it occasionally on X-Box but I dislike the game, way to fast.. I prefer Cricket 2005.. though that's me.

:wacko:

Josh

International Regular
barmyarmy said:
Cos it can't be modded. i.e correct names, faces, bats, logos, player updates, stats updates etc.
Well yeh I have that too but thats what I get for not being able to update my PC every 3 months...

Josh

International Regular
Josh said:
Well yeh I have that too but thats what I get for not being able to update my PC every 3 months...
...I can't even update every 3 years let alone every 3 months. Just can't afford it. ***** me too coz now Quake 4's not coming out on PS2.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
barmyarmy said:
I recommend the Bat Pack and updated roster if you've just got the game. Contains correct bats for all the players in licensed mode and updated Aussie Squad etc.
Cheers, will check it out tomorrow.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Are there any decent gameplay patches? I played my first ODI against the African XI on Test difficulty, bowled them out for 78 on a good pitch (about half in extras) and got the runs easily. Tailenders are lucky if they survive more than one ball; if you bowl a yorker they seem to miss it 99% of the time. Will get boring very quickly if all matches are as unchallenging as that. :(

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
Not yet as the exe has not been cracked. We're optimistic though as Sam says he knows how to change the AI.
For the moment you're limited to changing player abilities with the player editor.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
barmyarmy said:
Not yet as the exe has not been cracked. We're optimistic though as Sam says he knows how to change the AI.
For the moment you're limited to changing player abilities with the player editor.
Ah okay, good luck with it.

WI v Australia on Test difficulty was more of a challenge, in fact I got thumped. Australia batted first on a dusty pitch, making 232-5 (though they only scored 22 off the last ten, annoyingly enough), then I got annihilated by part-time spinners Lehmann and Clarke. :mellow: Bowled out for 113, only Lara passing 20. At least I managed to keep my runout tally to one (instead of the usual five or six).

Still a lot of very annoying things (e.g. computer player refusing to take easy runs, and the commentators mentioning the partnership every ball), but quite an enjoyable game nonetheless.