• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC 2005 Records

darko21

U19 Debutant
Finally, an update!

Yes, it has been a while as I have been busy but since I had a bit of free time, I decided to update the records listing. Some records users have mentioned I have not added because it will get to a stage that each form of the game will have 50 odd records and I'll just get confused. So at the moment, each form (except 20/20) has close to 30 records. Also I would like to mention that many records have not been gained eg. career records (runs, wickets, keeper dismissals etc.) so send a screen of your best batsman or bowler and who knows, you might have a record. Keep 'em coming.

Attachments

darko21

U19 Debutant
I just ended my second season with Warwickshire and at the beginning of the year lost Streak and Pretorius but gained two young bowlers with second team averages of 14. So, with only Cleary and Giles as my other two main bowlers, Lee Moses and Barnard Vincent blossomed within a few matches. Now, at the end of the season, both have played 2 tests with England and seem to be very promising. Below is their first season.
Barnard Vincent broke my record for best career economy rate (1000 balls bowled).
Lee Moses broke my record of best career bowling average and most wickets in a year.

Attachments

sammy22

U19 12th Man
Nice work Darko. Good stuff mate.

I wonder if Singh has broken a record for most wickets in a season 136. He would have had more, except at times Robert Croft and Darren Gough outstaged him.

I did have Glenn Mcgrath take over 150 wickets in a season, but can't find any verification for it :@

Attachments

SIX AND OUT

U19 12th Man
I know this isn't a record, but is good to have, especially as a Victorian and a Brad Hodge fan.

Just started the International Season(s) with Australia, and the in-form Brad Hodge got a gig in the ODI Series, with some great form and an impressive ODI Batting and Bowling Ave.

Test Debut was on the cards and gave it to him, ahead of Michael Clarke who has had a dreadful recent form. Hodge was successful, making a maiden 50 on debut, and then in the second match, made a maiden 100.

The record here, that is still going for Hodge is...2 Tests, 2 Man of the Match Awards.

SIX AND OUT

U19 12th Man
Also got the 200-100 double

J Langer 263 & 124* in a match where it was very very close and looking impossible to get a result. Declaring later than i thought, (After Lunch on Day 5) with a lead well over 400 runs, the pace bowlers in McGrath and Gillespie ripped the top order apart of the English side, having them at 7-66 at one stage and a win was looking on the cards, and with 12 mins to spare the 10th wicket fell, as Australia secured the Ashes, leading the test series 3-0

Attachments

SIX AND OUT

U19 12th Man
marc71178 said:
Since when has 585-6 vs 431 been "very very close" ?
close to the end match i presume, considering i won after misjudging the time when declaring, and then having 12 mins to spare to win bowling them out in just under 2 sessions. I thought, besides the result, the match was close. :D

pearljammonkey

Cricket Spectator
think i might have a couple of records here from my most recent match. highest individ score in an ODI, highest pship in an ODI? Gilchrist started the last over on strike on 196, hit a 4 first ball of the 50th over :) i did have to keep strike a little for him to do it though

darko21

U19 Debutant
At the moment, I am in the 2024 world cup with Australia. Captain Wayne Pocock has passed 300 ODIs and 200 tests with fellow batsmen Mitchell Hewson and Aleksandar Vetovski passing 150 tests as well. But the star of the year is Stuart Lilley. In the first 3 matches in the 2024 World Cup he scored a quickfire 80 against Nambia, a massive 176* against Sri Lanka (just 9 short of my record), and my last match against USA, he tonked 192* in a miniscule score of 311. Australia now enter the Super Eight with the agressive opener averaging 289 so far in the World Cup.
Just thought I would add this in because it broke my ODI individual score, most consecutive 50s/100s and highest partnership.

Attachments