• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Another offline ICC 2005 multiplayer game

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok, so that other one has turned out to be huge - a couple of other people who expressed interest missed out so I say we have another one.

So far, Hoy (thewizard1o1) and I are in - who else? I believe Cribb also wanted in. Let's say, 4-5 people max.
So far:

thewizard1o1
Robertinho
Prince EWS

Thinking of what team we should be. Teams I don't think we should be - Sri Lanka, West Indies, Australia, England, India. I was thinking South Africa? Thoughts?

Last edited:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm in, SA sounds fine to me. You can expect some big losses when I'm playing though :laugh:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Okay so it's

Robertinho
thewizard1o1
Prince EWS
_Ed_
mikeW

Everyone up for South Africa?

Also - emails? I have everyone's except for Prince EWS (some intense searching got me wilson's)

Last edited:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Alright, I just added you. Looks like it will be South Africa anyway. Gotta work out how it will work though.

Every tour seems a bit long? Any thoughts?

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Just had a thrilling win against New Zealand (which shouldn't have been thrilling at all). 32 run last stand was good, Kallis with 214 runs and 9/127.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
South Africa v New Zealand, 1st Test
New Zealand 348 a.o. (153.5 overs)
Oram 183
Ntini 3/57

South Africa 359 a.o. (137.2 overs)
Boucher 114
Smith 95
Oram 6/119

New Zealand 9/319dec (99 overs)
Fleming 65
Kallis 3/43

South Africa 8/244 (80 overs)
Smith 71
Oram 3/53

Match Drawn (MoM: Oram - 183 & 48, 6/119 & 3/53)

This was the first game I played, and to be honest I think it was decent. I tried out a young all rounder, Quinton Friend, he was disappointing, 73 & 0, 0/47 and 0/37. Boucher was in good touch, as was Smith in both innings. Also - should have won it! A collapse in the second innings (1/130 to 5/157) really messed our hopes of winning.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
South Africa v New Zealand, 2nd Test
New Zealand 270a.o. (104.3 overs)
Oram 84
Pollock 4/69

South Africa 357 a.o. (129 overs)
Kallis 173
Oram 5/60

New Zealand 299a.o. (140.2 overs)
Fleming 85
Kallis 6/90

South Africa 9/215 (80.2 overs)
Kallis 41
Oram 3/51

South Africa win by 1 wicket (MoM: Kallis - 173 & 41, 3/37 & 6/90)

It was a pretty forceful showing by the sides two all rounders - Jacques Kallis and Jacob Oram both finding form (again). Oram proving to be the real danger man, with 84 and 13, as well as none-too-shabby bowling figures of 5/60 and 3/51. Kallis, his counterpart, the eventual man of the match, got 173 & 41, 3/37 & 6/90 in a match winning performance. Good signs however, the runchase was quite poor and no batsmen even managed to score over 50. It was a stroke of luck that Ntini hit 12 from his 32 run partnership with Boucher (30*).

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
South Africa v New Zealand, 2nd Test
New Zealand 373a.o. (129 overs)
Oram 154
Adams 4/107

South Africa 654 a.o. (215.1 overs)
Smith 217
Gibbs 112
Pollock 77
Tuffey 3/125

New Zealand 172a.o. (86.4 overs)
Sinclair 51
Adams 5/54

South Africa win by an innings and 109 runs (MoM: Smith - 217)

Perfection. I'm extremely happy with this demolition of New Zealand. Their 1st innings managed to go from 5/143 to 6/306, before a collapse saw them 373 all out. Our batting was, to say the least, brilliant. An opening partnership of 253, with Smith scoring a mammoth 217 and Gibbs 112, set up the innings. Rudolph (72), Amla (63), Pollock (77) and Boucher (43) all chipped in to the grand total of 654 all out. The bowling in their 2nd innings was extremely tight and saw many wickets fall as well - Adams taking advantage of the 5 day old pitch with his slow left armers, snaring 5/54 (including the all important wicket of Oram).

This gave us the series, a comprehensive 2-0 victory.

Some interesting stats -
JACOB ORAM
Batting -
Matches: 3
Innings: 6
Not Outs: 0
Runs: 512
Average: 85.33
50s: 1
100s: 2
HS: 183

Bowling -
Overs: 161.4
Maidens: 27
Runs: 441
Wickets: 18
Average: 24.50
E/Rate: 2.73
S/Rate: 53.89

The bowling was largely let down by his final match. For the first 2 matches:
Overs: 108.4
Maidens: 18
Runs: 283
Wickets: 17
Average: 16.65
E/Rate: 2.60
S/Rate: 38.35

Superb stats. Meanwhile, Kallis:
Batting -
Innings: 5
Runs: 270
Average: 54.00
50s: 0
100s: 1
HS: 173

Bowling -
Overs: 159
Maidens: 39
Runs: 355
Wickets: 18
Average: 19.72
E/Rate: 2.23
S/Rate: 53.00

And Graeme Smith was great:
Batting -
Innings: 5
Runs: 406
Average: 81.20
50s: 2
100s: 1
HS: 217

In my opinion:
Man of the Series: Oram
Man of the Series for South Africa: Smith

Not bad, I don't think :D Anyway, good series. Very happy :)

Last edited:

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Tour match against New South Wales
NSW 273 a.o.
D Thornley 109
S Pollock 5-58

SA 290 a.o.
H Gibbs 65
G Mcgrath 3-71

NSW 6-220 dec.
G Mail 57
L Klusener 3-18

SA 2-97
G Smith 52 n.o.
B Lee 2-18

A good warm-up match for South Africa before the first test, against a strong NSW team. Both openers (Smith and Gibbs) spent some good time in the middle at some stage during the game, getting a 50 each. Lance Klusener also showed his class, and made a push for test selection with a good all-round display (65 in the first innings and 3-18 with the ball in the second NSW innings. Overall it was a good match to test the guys before the first test.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
South Africa - Australia First Test

South Africa was sent into bat by a confident Australian outfit, on a pitch that was doing a bit. McGrath struck early with the wicket of Smith in the first over. But some determined batting by Gibbs, Amla, Rudolph, Dippenaar and Klusener guided South Africa to the modest total of 248. McGrath caused South Africa a ton of trouble on the way to bagging six wickets for the innings. Australia found similar problems batting with only Gilchirst and Hayden looking in any sort of form. Klusener and Pollock both bowled well picking up three wickets each, whilst the fielding of the South African team was top notch. Unfortunately South Africa's world class all-rounder Kallis picked up a back injury and took no further part in the match and will miss the next 4 weeks of cricket. In South Africa's second dig McGrath again struck early getting Smith out for a second duck in the match in the first over again. Gibbs stood a head and shoulders above the other batsman with a solid innings of 65 in tricky conditions to guide South Africa to 248 all out. Set 304 to win, Australia's batsman come out firing but after losing three quick wickets, Ponting and Katich set about settling the innings and after a stand of 132, spinner Paul Adams snared the first two of his four wickets of the innings. The rest of the order offered little resistance in very tricky conditions and poor light, allowing South Africa to score an up win over the world champions.

South Africa win by 68. :cool:

MSN isn't working :@

I'll do the OD series tonight and pass the file on asap. Now i'm off to watch the footy...

Attachments

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Australia - South Africa Second Test

After a stunning upset victory in the first test, South Africa went into test two with a side with a few changes, first test debutant Jaco Booysen made way for Nicky Boje and the injured Jacques Kallis replaced by young off-spinner Imraan Khan. Australian captain Ricky Pointing won the toss and decided to bat on the flat deck. South Africa didn't have to wait long with former captain Pollock combining with Smith to remove Langer for just 14. But in perfect batting conditions Hayden, Ponting (105), Martyn, Katich, Gilchrist (126) caused the bowlers a lot of problems powering to a big first innings score of 509. Spinner Adams bowled great lines to snap up six first innings wickets. South Africa got off to a good reply with Smith and Gibbs adding 67 for the first wicket before Gillespie broke through. At 3-126 SA were in a bit of trouble but a 185 run stand between Rudolph (109) and Dippenaar (96), saw them past the follow on mark. After Gillespie collect those two wickets (in the same over!) the rest of the SA line-up offered little resistance crashing to be 399 all out. Wanting to press their advantage Hayden and Langer put on a whirlwind 171 run partnership before Adams had Langer caught on 92. Ponting was out soon later to Ntini. But Hayden and Martyn saw Australia through to 263 when Ponting decided to declare. With 373 required on the last day the openers were sent out play a few strokes and see what happens. But it didn't take long for McGrath to strike again having Smith caught on just 16. Although South Africa started to play more defensively after the first wicket, wickets continued to fall at regular intervals leaving SA at 7-177 at tea. On a pitch that was turning sharply Australia could fell the victory but some great batting by Boje (1) and Khan (6*) kept the Aussie out for most of the last session before Ntini and Khan played out the last McGrath over to secure a draw and preserve the 1-0 series lead for the touring side.

Match Drawn.

Attachments

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Australia – South Africa Third Test

After surviving a tense last session of play in the second test, both sides went into the deciding third test unchanged. Ponting again won the toss and again batted on a good track. Langer (78) and Hayden (76) looked in great touch belting the South African bowlers to every corner of the oval. It took some great pressure bowling by Boje to snare both the openers’ wickets and give South Africa a chance to get into the middle order. But with Martyn (155) and Ponting (69) at the crease thing got no easier as these to put on a century stand for the third wicket. Spinners Adams (4-166) and Khan (4-46) cause trouble for the rest of the Australian batsman with Lee the only one to offer some resistance with a personal high of 87, pushing Australia to 525 all out. Amla was promoted to opener with Gibbs slipping to three, but to little success as Gillespie crashed through his defences for just 3. Captain Smith (60) and Rudolph (158) gave the Australians some stern resistance and assured that South Africa would pass the follow on mark. Dippenaar (42) and Khan (59*) chipped in to push the first innings total to 407. But in a bad sign for South Africa Warne found some sharp turn in the pitch on just the second and third days to take 4-99. Australia went out in an aggressive mood hoping to push for victory in the last day. Once again Hayden (125) was a thorn in the side of the South Africans, but few partnerships formed due to regular wickets at the other end. Adams (3-96) was bowling great before the declaration was made at 263 for 6. That left 381 for the South Africans to claim an unlikely victory on the last day. Things stared poorly as Smith horror run in Australia continued, out in the second over for just 2. With the South Africans more worried about occupation of the crease, Amla played a strong loan had, 38 in two full sessions!, he found an unlikely partner Klusner (39) as the two went about playing the match out. But some McGrath (4-53) magic washed the lower order away to steer Australia to the victory, which left the series level.

Australia won by 196 runs.

Series Tied 1-1.

Attachments

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
VB Series Match 1
South Africa – 231
Amla 79, Smith 50.
Kasprowicz 3-28, Lee 2-43.

Australia – 233 for 3
Hayden 116*, Gilchrist 68.
Khan 2-15, Adams 1-37.

Although Australia won by seven wickets the match was a lot closer then that, it took a booming off drive for four from Hayden on the second last ball of the innings to secure victory. The quicks are a real problem with only Pollock showing any form of life.

VB Series Match 2
South Africa – 252 for 7
Gibbs 65, Pollock 37*.
Bravo 2-35, Mohammed 2-52.

West Indies – 203.
R. Hinds 70, Chanderpaul 33.
Ntini 2-17, Khan 2-21.

Nice solid win for South Africa, Gibbs got the team off to a great start, but a bit of a middle order hiccup was halted by Pollock and Klusener (32*). Ntini was brought back into the team at the expense of Friend and bowled really well, hopefully he can keep his form up when we take on Australia next.

VB Series Match 3
South Africa – 196 for 9
Amla 61, Dippenaar 40.
Kasprowicz 3-30, Gillespie 3-36.

Australia – 200 for 3
Gilchrist 59, Hayden 48.
Adams 2-47, Pollock 1-33.

A poor effort with the bat, with most of the batsman giving cheap wickets away, while our bowlers tried hard and made Australia play till the 49th over to get their win. Checked with the Medical staff and hopefully Kallis will be back for the next game.

VB Series Match 4
Australia – 269 for 6
Gilchrist 130*, Martyn 71.
Pollock 4-54, Adams 2-41.

South Africa – 201
Gibbs 35, Dippenaar 30
Kasprowicz 2-20, McGrath 2-73.

Another poor batting performance, in the chase of the big total South Africa were always scoring quick enough but the wickets just kept falling. Pollock bowled out of his skin but didn’t have much help.

VB Series Match 5
Gayle 83, Chanderpaul 69.
Kallis 2-24, Boje 1-20.

South Africa - 247 for 4
Rudolph 72*, Gibbs 62.
R. Hinds 2-47, Best 1-43.

Great chase by the batsman, guess they were glad it wasn’t the Australian attack…, Rudolph and Gibbs were outstanding and got help from most of the other batsman. It was a good effort to restrict the windies to 245 on a good batting track, unfortunately Lara is due a big score against us…

VB Series Match 6
South Africa - 305 for 5
Smith 77, Rudolph 76*.
Collymore 4-72, R. Hinds 1-67.

West Indies – 307 – 5
Sarwan 106, Lara 96.
Pollock 2-35, Ntini 1-24.

Wish I had said noting about Lara :(, the track was dead flat but after getting 305 you would expect to be able to defend it. Our spinners have been shining lights all tour but really let South Africa down when it counted. Its disappointing to miss out on the finals but coming away with a 1-1 series draw against Australia is a big plus.