• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Help Needed

cricketboy29

International Regular
Could anyone help me with the international mode in ICC2005, i mean, im just not doing anything right, my openers never give good starts, almost always we re getting below 200 scores, even after playing out the 50 overs. My bowlers can never seem to get the opposition out, even if im playing a club game, i.e india vs free state. I usually lose to them, and this is on easy mode. I mean, how do you improve in this game, what do u do?

Graham

3rd Umpire
Two choices when batting first.
Start on 4 bars and move up to 5 bars once the batsman is settled. Accelerate your aggression by 1 bar after 30 overs if you've got enough wickets in hand.
Or start on 5 bars and move up to 6 bars once the batsman is settled. This is a more make it or break it approach though.
When bowling I always bowl to the batsman's weakness, starting on 4 bars, moving down to 3 bars once they reach double figures, 2 bars if they reach 50, 1 bar if they reach 100. I don't take a lot of wickets either though, so you want to select bowlers who have a good economy rate.