• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Small Problem

Tom Halsey

International Coach
When I try and run ITC (or any other DOS-based program, for that matter) I get an error message, screenshot attached in an attachment.

Hoping some computer geeks can help me out here. :)

EDIT: Forgot to attach it.

EDIT: Typo.

Attachments

Tom Halsey

International Coach
marc71178 said:
Erm should I be concerned that there is a picture of me on your desktop?!
LOL. I forgot that. I made something about you in the Paint Turtle thread, and like everything else in my desktop, I forgot to delete it!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
download the file to my documents, and then when a program asks for it just copy it and paste it into the system32 folder (google to find where to download)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
age_master said:
download the file to my documents, and then when a program asks for it just copy it and paste it into the system32 folder (google to find where to download)
The issue is that the WinXP version of it doesn't like several DOS programs.

Do NOT overwrite it with an older version, you could cause untold compatibility issues with newer kit.

CricketGames.com

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Some other application has deleted/corrupted this file.

Try looking in c:\windows\repair for autoexec.nt, then copy it into c:\windows\system32\ overwriting existing file if necessary, then reboot. Failing that you will have to restore the files from your Windows XP CD-ROM or recreate them (Google for the contents).

If the error occurs again after rebooting than unfortunately it is almost certainly due to a virus/spyware therefore I suggest running a complete check for spyware and also a complete virus check. A lot of viruses delete important files from windows\system32 and replace it with the virus.

If you do a google for "the system file is not suitable for running msdos and microsoft windows applications" you will find lots of places where this problem has occurred.

Daniel.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Well it seems XP has a problem with DOS anyway so it may be to do with XP itself. Anyway, thanks a lot for your help and I'm now browsing other people's problems and see if I can find a solution. The other file you suggested copying and pasting didn't work.

EDIT: Right, basically the problem is that one of a few files could be damaged. I basically need to re-install WIndows XP, which I frankly can't be bothered to do. If anyone finds another solution, I'd be greatful.

Last edited:

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Right, gonna give it another go.

Can someone who can run ITC on Windows XP send me these files over MSN:

• Config.nt
• Autoexec.nt
• Command.com

Cheers.

CricketGames.com

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Ok as a few more people have mentioned this problem I have attached a detailed txt file that has 3 solutions and also links to spyware/online virus checks (as they unfortunately are often the cause of this problem).

These solutions will work with any program complaining about 16 Bit Subsytem errors and are not specific to ITC.

Daniel.

Attachments