• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hello, I'm new

Nuclear Spoon

Cricket Spectator
To these forums and cricket really. I've been watching The Ashes with much interest (the fourth test I followed on the BBC site in Malta), but I can't really say I know all the rules. But then, who does?
Apparently there's a rule where if the batsman hits the ball into the stumps at the other end, the bowler has to pull out the middle stump in one hand and hold the ball in the other before the other batsman gets back to his crease.
I've tried bowling, and apparently the only one I can do properly is a googly. I suck at batting.
I was hoping joining these forums would help me understand cricket more.

Also, why is there no discussion forum on The Ashes? :huh:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Nuclear Spoon said:
To these forums and cricket really. I've been watching The Ashes with much interest (the fourth test I followed on the BBC site in Malta), but I can't really say I know all the rules. But then, who does?
Apparently there's a rule where if the batsman hits the ball into the stumps at the other end, the bowler has to pull out the middle stump in one hand and hold the ball in the other before the other batsman gets back to his crease.
I've tried bowling, and apparently the only one I can do properly is a googly. I suck at batting.
I was hoping joining these forums would help me understand cricket more.

Also, why is there no discussion forum on The Ashes? :huh:
You've got to go to Cricket Chat, here: http://forum.cricketweb.net/forumdisplay.php?f=10

There is a big discussion thread on the Ashes (13,000+ posts). Welcome to CW, btw. :)